Nepal, officially the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, is a land locked country lies in South Asia between China(North) and India(East, West, South) on the lap of central Himalaya. Nepal covers the area of 147,181 sq km which is 0.03% in the world and length of 885 km and width of 193 km with the latitude of 26°22’N-30°27N and longitude of 80°4’E-88°12’E. Kathmandu is the capital city of Nepal.
Nepal is an ultimate destination in the world for various people in various ways. Most of the people visit Nepal as a highest mountain in the world that is Mt. Everest, birth place of Buddha (light of Asia), land of brave Gurkhas and to experience the natural sceneries as well as to experiment the various culture and spiritual practices. In whatever way you will love Nepal and put in your life experience as most exciting destination in the world. Nepal is mainly richest country in the world in term of bio-diversity due to unique geographical position and altitude variation, natural beauty due to sceneries of green hills, mountains, river and lakes, cultures and traditions due to various cultural practices within a small area and art and architectures due to different art in different temple and monasteries. With the entrance to Nepal you will receive a heartily welcome and honesty of local people will make you feel safe. As you once proceed to Nepal, You will really get lost on its beauty and Culture which will surely make you to visit time and again.
Nepal is one of the richest country in the world in terms of Geographical bio-diversity, nature, history, Culture, Water resources and flora as well as fauna. The elevation of the country ranges from 600 meters above sea level to the highest point on earth that is Mt. Everest at 8,848 meters, all within a distance of 150 kilometers resulting in climatic conditions from sub-tropical to arctic.
This nation foundation lies in legends and myths of its capital city. Kathmandu valley was ruled by various dynasties kings after the lake was drained by the Tibetan saint Manjushree according to legend. The earliest rulers were the Kirantis who ruled from 9th century B.C. to 1st century A.D. Legends and chronicles mention that the Indian Emperor Ashoka had come to Nepal and visited Lumbini, the place where the Buddha was born, and where he erected a huge stone pillar to commemorate his visit to that spot. The Kirants were replaced by Licchavis who, according to the earliest evidences in inscriptions of the 5th century A.D. found in the courtyard of Changunarayan temple. The Licchavis were followed by the Thakuris, and then came the Malla dynasty who built cultural heritages by which seven UNESCO world heritage sites is iself. Gurkha’s King Prithvi Narayan Shah united whole Nepal and ruled Nepal. And now king is replaced by President Ram Baran Yadav was sworn in on July 23, 2008 and formed democratic country.
Location : Between India and China
Latitude : 26° 22’and 30° 27′ North
Longitude : 80° 4′ and 88° 12′ East
Area: 147,181 sq km
Population : 2.6 million
Capital city : Kathmandu(1.5 million)
Language : Nepali
Religion: 75-80% Hindu,15% Buddhist, 3% Muslim and rest
Currency: Nepalese rupee
National anthem: Sayaun Thunga Phool Ka
Official language: Nepali Language
Government: Republic, Federal republic, Federation
Time: 5 hours 45 minutes ahead of GMT
Climate : Climate ranges form tropical in the low lands to the arctic in the higher altitude
Some of the special facts of Nepal
- Nepal covers only 0.1% of the total landmass of the Earth but Nepal is one of the richest genetic biodiversity in the world.
- Nepal is the only country with altitudinal variation that ranges from 70 meters to 8848 meters
- Nepal’s Flag is the only national flag in the world that is not quadrilateral in shape.
- Eight of the highest peaks out of fourteen which are above 8000m of the world including Mt. Everest (8848m) is situated in Nepal.
- Birthplace of Gautam Buddha (Light of Asia)
- Nepal is second richest country in water resource after Brazil and has the capacity of generating 84,000 mega watts of hydro power potentiality.
- Nepal is the land of brave Gurkhas and now in British Army and has won 24 Victoria Cross. Nepal’s sovereignty was never in foreign hand.
- 6500 known species of trees, shrubs and wild-flowers are in Nepal and 2% flowering plant in the world with 319 species of exotic orchid.
- Nepal constitutes more that 8.5% of the world’s total bird species. Nepal has nearly 870 species of birds, which arguably more than the whole continent of Europe and North Africa combined. Nepal has 4.2% of the world’s butterfly species which is over 650 species of butterflies.
- Nepal has deepest valley in the world that is Arun valley and the deepest gorge i.e. kaligandaki Gorge.
- Nepal has one of the largest concentrations of Royal Bengal Tiger, Second largest population of One-horned Rhino, best habitat for Snow Leopard and Swamp deer.
- Nepal is one of the best arenas for Extreme & Adventure Sport tourism such as mountaineering, cannoning, paragliding, mountain biking, kayaking, rafting, bungee jumping, high altitude marathon etc.
- Kathmandu valley has got seven world heritages within the distance of only 20 kilometers. Tilijo tal in Manang district is the lake situated at the highest elevation in the world.