- Trip Grade:Moderate-adventurous
- Max Elevation:5,106 m /16,849 ft
- Total Duration:16 Days
- Best Time:April-June and September- November
- Activities:Guided tour-exciting drive with scenic and cultural trek.
- Trekking Duration:12 days
- Trip Start from :Kathmandu
- Average walking:From minimum 4 hrs to maximum 6 hours treks
- Accommodation:Double/Twin sharing in hotel/lodge
- Meals:Full board in Trekking & Breakfast basis in City
- Transportation:Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus/Flight
- Group size :1-8 pax
- Per Day Walking:4-6 hrs
Around Manaslu, one of the great impressive walks that you cannot want to miss or refuse, as this area is quite different to other popular trekking route of Nepal Himalaya.
The area was closed for outside visitors for many decades due to Tibet and Nepal close border which falls on upper high Manaslu region within North of Gorkha district. Since late 1990’ it opened up for enthusiast travelers with an interest to venture on off the beaten tracks.
Around Manaslu offers trekkers and adventurer with amazing views of dramatic country landscapes from green forested hills to arid and barren terrain unto remorseless fields of ice and glaciers.
Apart from beautiful Mountainscenery, villages on route walks is equally fascinating where you can witness local age-old culture and custom as it was for past hundreds of centuries.
The region of trekking around Manaslu falls within strong influence of Tibetan traditional life and custom interwoven with Buddhism religion, an interesting tour leads you to monastery and lovely farm villages of Manaslu and lower Manang areas.
Mt. Manaslu listed as world’s 8th highest peaks at above 8,163 m and 26,781ft first conquest by Japanese mountaineers in May 09th 1956. From then on it was closed and opened last few decades for you to enjoy its hidden treasures of magnificent scenery and traditional colorful culture.
Around Manaslu Trekking commence with long exciting drive to reach on the foot hills of Gorkha area around Nepal Mid-West, and then heading higher past nice farm villages following the raging Buri-Gandaki all the way up to high Sama-Gaon and at Larke Phedi.
Walk leads into alpine cool woodland with ever present views of mountains and then crossing high and scenic Larke-La pass at 5,106 m / 16,849 ft high, from here downhill to Manang areas.
From Dharapani village drive takes you to Kathmandu, after completing an adventure of a lifetime experience on Around Manaslu Trekking.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m then transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Soti Khola 730 m via Arughat 570 m - 07 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Machha Khola 930 m - 06 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Jagat 1,410m - 06 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Dyang 1,800 m - 06 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Ghap 2,160 m - 04 hrs
Day 07: Trek to Lo-Gaon 3,180 m - 06 hrs
Day 08: Trek to Sama-Gaon 3,530 m - 05 hrs
Day 09: Rest day at Sama-Gaon for acclimatization.
Day 10: Trek to Samdo 3,860 m - 05 hrs
Day 11: Trek to Dharamsala / Larkya phedi 4,470 m - 04 hrs
Day 12: Cross Larke-la 5,106 m descend to Bimthang 3,720 m - 08 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Gho 2,560 m - 05 hrs
Day 14: Trek to Dharapani 1,860 m - 06 hrs.
Day 15: Drive to Kathmandu via Besisar / Lamjung - 07 hrs.
Day 16: Final International departure from Nepal.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m and then transfer to Hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu international airport via respective airlines, where you will be received by our office staff and guide with warm greeting and then transfer to your hotels in the hub of the city. After checking into your rooms and getting refreshed join the other groups of Around Manaslu Trekking at meeting hall for briefing, where our guide offers useful important information regarding trek and your stay in Nepal with us. Evening includes welcome dinner in a nice and authentic Nepalese restaurant with Folk Culture program of Nepal while having your dinner.
- Day 02: Drive to Soti Khola 730 m via Arughat 570 m - 07 hrs.
Morning taking an interesting overland journeyheading Nepal Mid-West on country and main highway as journey continues heading into low warm areas past farm villages and towns with views of snowcapped peaks. As the drive continues with few refreshing stops heading west to reach at Dhading and towards Gorkha district unto Arughat town by the raging Buri-Gandaki River, from here drive continues on newly built dirt along Buri-Gandaki River past farm villages reach our first overnight stop at Soti Khola, a small farm village.
- Day 03: Trek to Machha Khola 930 m - 06 hrs.
First day walk begins from Soti-khola, where route leads into a steep valley, within densely forested areas and into number of villages to reachfarm cultivated field villages and then path descends towards wide, sandy river banks following a trail that meanders below along the valley side. After a good walk of the day with last short climb on the trail to Machha Khola for overnight stop, with number of teashops with small lodge, the word Maccha Khola means Fish Stream
- Day 04: Trek to Jagat 1,410m - 06 hrs.
Today a long day walk to reach at Jagat village, as our route leads following winding up hill path leaving the river for sometimes then reaching past Tato-pani ‘hot spring’ time permitting enjoy the refreshing bathe on hot-spring. As journey continues heading cooler areas into forested areas then finally our day walks ends at nice village in Jagat, which is a moderate size village of mixed hill tribe that makes this place more interesting.
- Day 05: Trek to Dyang 1,800 m - 06 hrs.
After a pleasant overnight stop at Jagat village morning walk leads to cooler areas as walk leads uphill into farm villages with well tended fields of rich crops of barley, wheat as per the seasonaround nice village of Philm. After Philim walk leads to neat farm terraces of golden fields of wheat’s and barley, then a climb towards rocky ridge within bamboo groves area to our overnight stop at Dyang village
- Day 06: Trek to Ghap 2,160 m - 04 hrs
Starting morning walk from Dyang leads to cooler area with slow rise in elevation, as walk enters within Himalayan high areas, where first day walk leads downhill to river side to reach Bihi Bazaar a small village bythe river. From here on where you will soak into more Tibetan culture of Buddhist religion, as our walk continues on gradual path with few short ups and downs to reach at Ghap village for overnight stop.
- Day 07: Trek to Lo-Gaon 3,180 m - 06 hrs.
From Ghap village walking along Budhi Gandaki River, after a short walk cross the river towards small farm villages at Numrung village with closest views of Mt. Manaslu North Face includes its range of peaks. Our journey continues pastvillages of Banjham, Lhi and Sho, as altitude gains to reach with an hour up to Lo-Gaon for overnight stop.
- Day 08: Trek to Sama-Gaon 3,530 m - 05 hrs.
Today’s walk leads to main large village of upper Manaslu at Sama-Gaon where tree lines disappears for short juniper bushes with some willow trees, morning walk follows a nice trail with views of Manaslu peaks, as walk proceeds to end the day at Sama-Gaon for overnight stop, one of the largest villages of upper Gorkha district which lies route Manaslu base camp.
- Day 09: Rest day at Sama-Gaon for acclimatization.
An important rest day at this high altitude for acclimatization before reaching higher terrainunto Larke-la pass, here with enough time to explore around village of great interest adorned with Tibetan Buddhist religion and culture. On this leisure day enjoy walk up to Sama Gompa just above the village one of the major Nyligpa (red hat sect) Monastery of the region.
- Day 10: Trek to Samdo 3,860 m - 05 hrs
Today walk leads to remote and last village of Manaslu area of Upper Gorkha region, where Samdo lies close on route to Tibet border, the native of the area have long history trading with Tibet, the trade continues till present. As walk leads withslow up with fabulous views of peaks and then reaching at Samdo village, a moderate size village with shops and stores selling many Chinese goods.
- Day 11: Trek to Dharamsala / Larke Phedi 4,470 m - 04 hrs
From Samdu enjoy half day walk to Larke Phedi means bottom of the hill or pass also called Dharmasala, after overnight at Samdo village, morning walk headinginto dry and barren country. As altitude gains walking on trail that leads to few short ups and downs then completing the day walk on reaching at Larke Phedi, with afternoon free at leisure and preparation for the next day early climb over highest point of the adventure Larke-La at 5,106 m high.
- Day 12: CrossLarke-la 5,135m and downhill to Bimthang 3,720 m - 08 hrs.
One of the longest and big days of the adventure, start with early breakfast and then heading to a slow climb to reach on top Larke-la pass, as walk progress encountering a steep path rewarded with fabulous views of Mt. Manaslu, Larke peak, Bouddha Himal, Himal-Chuli and Peak 29. After a strenuous climb on reaching the pass, the top marked with Buddhist prayer flags and cairns of stones, enjoy the super views of great giant peaks, after a refreshing break, a long descend to reach at Bimthang for overnight stop. Bimthang located on beautiful green valley surrounded with tall rhododendron and pines trees, enjoy the afternoon with rest after the longest walk of the adventure.
- Day 13: Trek to Gho 2,560 m - 05 hrs
After a tough long walk of previous day, from here on an easy trek with much descend into forested areas all the way to Gho, located in the middle of enchanting forest.
- Day 14: Trek to Dharapani 1,860 m - 06 hrs.
From this small settlement in the middle of the woods at Gho, morning walk leads downhill all the way to reach at Telje village located by the Masrsyangdi River, after a rest at Tilje, continue our last day walk of the adventure with last final climb to reach at Dharapani for overnight stop in a nice lodge. Dharapani a large village with many fine lodges located in Manang district and on popular Annapurna Circuit trekking trail.
- Day 15: Drive to Kathmandu via Besisar / Lamjung - 07 hrs.
Ending our adventurous and scenic Manaslu Circuit Trekking at Dharapani, morning drive leads into several farm villages following Marysangdi River downstream reaching low and warmer areas, past Tal, Chamje and another Jagat village, as drive leads continues on good road to large town at Besisar, headquarter of Lamjung district. From Besisar with time for rest and possible lunch stop, continue drive back to Kathmandu on good road, on reaching Kathmandu check into your hotels with rest of the evening free at leisure with last day in Nepal.
- Day 16: Final International departure from Nepal.
Your last day in amazing Nepal, the land of Himalayan wonders as per your international flight time back home or to respective connecting destinations. Our staff and guide transfer you to Kathmandu airport after a mesmerizing time and adventure on Around ManasluTrekking.
- All airport pick up drop by private vehicle
- 04 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours with private vehicle in Kathmandu
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- Kathmandu to Arughat and Besisahar to Kathmandu by public bus (if you want both way flight or private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- ACAP and MCAP Permit and Special permit for Manaslu trek for 10 days
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Holiday Tours sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Diner and lunch in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column