- Trip Grade:Moderate-adventurous
- Max Elevation:5,545 m, Kalapathar
- Total Duration:08 Nights & 09 Days
- Best Time:March-May & Sept-Dec
- Overall Trip:12 Nights & 13 Days
- Activity:Trekking, historical and cultural excursion
- Trip Start from :Kathmandu
- Trip End at :Kathmandu
- Accommodation:Double/Twin shearing in hotel/lodge
- Meals:Full board in Trekking & Breakfast basis in City
- Transportation:Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus/Flight
- Group Size:2-10 pax
- Per Day Walking:5-6 hrs
Everest Base Camp Heli Trekking, a swift way to reach world’s highest mountain base camp where walk leads on normal standard itinerary days. Return air journey on Helicopter from Gorakshep near Everest Base Camp to reach back at Kathmandu which makes this trip the fastest and shortest within little more of week duration.
We have designed and planned this amazing adventure where people with limited holiday time in Nepal, but with great interest and dreams to be at the foot of Mt. Everest at base camp. This will be a perfect adventure holiday saving time and energy in the comfort of Helicopter flights with a sweeping panorama of world high peaks and not much missing scenic places of Khumbu and Everest areas.
Starting our marvelous Everest Base Camp Heli Trekking, taking a normal schedule flight on small aircraft (Dornier / Twin Otter or similar) to reach Lukla from Kathmandu. Where walks begins at Lukla heading through nice Sherpa farm villages with a delightful scenery of rolling green hills around Dudh Kosi River valley, covered within the lovely alpine woodland.
As walk progress reaching at famous Namche Bazaar located above 3,440 m high an important town village to stop for few days for acclimatization routine before heading higher terrain. Namche where you can find facilities of banks, post-office, ATM, stores and shops, restaurants with fresh bakeries it will be interesting to be on Saturday to witness its once a week busy colorful market.
From Namche walk leads on wide good trail facing views of Everest, magnificent Amadablam, and other close peaks as our route lead up at Thyangboche within the beautiful surrounding of forest and its impressive monastery worth a visit. After Thyangboche heading down and ups as tree lines and green vegetation fade for the barren windswept country but scenic with views of mountains as walk leads closer towards Everest base camp.
Finally, adventure leads you to the base of towering Mt. Everest after overnights at Dingboche, Lobuche enjoy the highlight of the journey facing close views of Khumbu tumbling Ice Falls and glaciers.
At Everest Base Camp our final destination, wherein peak mountaineering season the area will be flooded with various camps of different nations expedition to Mt. Everest, from here head back to Gorakshep for another adventure. At Gorakshep, our marvelous Everest Base Camp Heli Trekking completes after a hike up to highest hilltop at Kalapathar 5,545 m for the stunning panorama of high peaks with Everest at close distance.
Enjoying great thrill with scenic views, and then back to Gorakshep where Helicopter flight reaches you back at Kathmandu, after an overwhelming experience and adventure of a lifetime on Everest Base Camp Heli trekking.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m and transfer to Hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu international airport via respective airlines, where you will be received by our office staff and guide with a warm welcome then transfer to your hotels in the hub of the city.
After checking into your rooms and getting refreshed join the other groups for a briefing on Everest Base Camp Heli Trekking, our guide offers you with useful important information regarding trek and your stay in Nepal with us.
The evening includes welcome dinner in a nice and authentic Nepalese restaurant with Folk Culture program of Nepal while having your dinner.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Morning, depart from the hotel for an exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest, Kathmandu city and its valley steeped with historical and religious monuments temples and monasteries listed as World Heritage Sites.
After an interesting tour afternoon free to relax and preparation for Everest Base Camp Heli trekking next early morning with a flight to Lukla.
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla 2,830 m & trek to Phakding 2,640 m - 04 hrs.
Starting early morning transfer to domestic airport for short and scenic flight to Lukla, taking a smaller aircraft (Twin Otter or Dornier) during 30 minutes on air with amazing panorama of Himalayan series of peaks with Mt. Everest, as the plane lands on its unique uphill runways reaching Tenzing & Hillary airport in Lukla.
From here a slow start with few hours of walks on downhill past many Sherpa farm villages with well-tended crops and vegetable fields and terraces with occasional views of snow-capped peaks of Kwangde and Kusum Khanguru, and then reaching our first overnight stop of the trek at Phakding in the comfort of nice and cozy lodge located by the raging Dudh Kosi River.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 06 hrs.
Today with a long uphill walk to reach at famous Namche Bazaar, starting with the gradual walk following Dudh Kosi River upstream crossing few bridges to reach Sagarmatha National Park entrance near Monjo village.
Sagarmatha for Everest in Nepalese, while Sherpa calls Chomolungma (of Tibetan origin) in both languages, means 'Great Mother', from here a pleasant walk on river bed then climb for few hours into the forested trail with views of snow-capped peaks, as this scenic walk reaches you at exciting Namche Bazaar.
- Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and local excursion.
A rest day at Namche Bazaar for necessary acclimatization, before heading higher area an ideal spot for the free day at this height above 3,440 m high.
In Namche spend the day with a scenic hike to viewpoints on top Namche facing Mt. Everest-Amadablam and other range of peaks, afternoon explore the streets and shops, Namche holds a colorful and busy Saturday Market once a week.
- Day 06: Trek to Thyangboche Monastery 3,867 m – 05 hrs.
From Namche walk leads on a gradual scenic path with downhill to Imjatse River at Phung-Tenga for lunch, afternoon uphill climb into rhododendron, pines, fir forest with grand views of snowcapped peaks.
After few hours of climb reaching ahyangboche Monastery, enjoy marvelous views of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Kangtenga, Thamasarku, Kwande with magnificent Amadablam, an afternoon with time to visit its interesting monastery and observe monks and priest on prayer.
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche 4,260 m - 05hrs.
Morning on the downhill for an hour towards Imjatse River, after crossing a bridge walking into an open country where tree lines stop for few short juniper and rhododendron bushes, uphill for a while to reach at Pangboche village at 3,900 meters.
This is the last permanent village before Dingboche and beyond, from here a slow climb to Somara for lunch and continue to walk with the climb to Dingboche village for an overnight stop, located within scenic Imjatse valley with excellent views of Amadablam and Island Peak.
- Day 08:Rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization and excursion.
A rest day for proper acclimatization here a short hike up to Nakarjung hills for better views of surrounding peaks with Mt. Makalu towards east adjoining.
For some energetic people optional walk to Chukung at 4,760 m high, a small settlement within Imjatse valley offers incredible views of Island Peak, Lhotse Shar, Lhotse, Nuptse and Amadablam.
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche 4,930 m - 05 hrs.
After a nice and pleasant stop at Dingboche, as our morning walk lead to short climb facing excellent views, and then walk on a gradual scenic trail to Thugla for lunch, this is where massive Khumbu glacier melts into a raging river.
From here trail Pheriche and Dingboche trail join towards Everest Base Camp, after a break a steep climb for an hour to Thugla pass, witness stone memorials of unfortunate climbers who died climbing on Mt. Everest, Lhotse or other high mountains. From here a nice walk to Lobuche for an overnight stop.
- Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5364 m and return to Gorakshep 5,180 m - 06 hrs.
Today our adventure takes you at Everest Base Camp our main goal and highlight of the trip walking for few hours with the short steep climb in between glacier and moraine, then reaching at Gorakshep, beneath the lofty peak of Pumori and Kalapathar rocky hill.
Walk continues towards Everest base camp, at base camp enjoy views of massive Khumbu Ice Fall and glaciers, after an exciting time with the experience of a lifetime retrace the journey back to Gorakshep for an overnight stop.
- Day 11: Hike to Kalapathar 5,545 m and fly back to Kathmandu - 03 hrs.
Early morning climb to Kalapathar at above 5,545 m high, highest point of the adventure with magnificent views of mountains includes Mt. Everest at close distance, after a great time on top descend back to Gorakshep for breakfast.
From Gorakshep, our adventure completes on taking a chopper flight to Kathmandu with grand views of mountain range all the way to Kathmandu.
On reaching Kathmandu domestic airport transfer back to your hotel with a free afternoon to relax after a great and wonderful time on Everest Base Camp Heli Trekking.
- Day 12: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
Today a free day in Kathmandu reserved extra day in case of flight delay and cancellation in Khumbu and Everest high region, due to unfavorable bad weather conditions which can occur sometimes as Himalaya weather can be unpredictable.
If all goes well as per our guideline set itinerary, one can enjoy this day relaxing with individual activities or join in for another exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of interest.
- Day 13: Final International departure from Nepal.
Last day in Nepal, country of Himalayan wonders and as per your international flight time depart for homeward bound or to next respective connecting destinations.
Our staff and guide transfer you to Kathmandu airport after a mesmerizing memory and great time on Everest Base Camp Heli Trekking.
- All airport pick up drop off by private vehicle (for both international and domestic flights)
- Welcome dinner in an authentic restaurant
- 03 night twin/double sharing accommodation on BB at 3 star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle (entrance fees extra)
- Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu flight with airport departure tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System ( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- 02 guest to 01 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- Your cost includes insurance, wages, food and lodging for both your guide and porter. We take excellent care of our guides and porters, they are like family to us.
- Best available twin sharing lodge accommodation during the trek (private bathrooms with hot showers are provided at Phakding, Namche and Lukla)
- Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- Snacks of biscuits/peanuts and seasonal fresh fruits dessert during the trek
- First aid kit
- Holiday Tours Nepal’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- One-hour complimentary spa/massage in Kathmandu after the trek
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Cost and Dates
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Availability||Book|
|1st October, 2018||13th September, 2018||US$2650||Available||Book Now|
|4th September, 2018||16th September, 2018||US$2650||Available||Book Now|
|7th September, 2018||19th September, 2018||US$2650||Available||Book Now|
|10th September, 2018||22nd September, 2018||US$2650||Available||Book Now|
|13th September, 2018||25th September, 2018||US$2650||Available||Book Now|
Activity Level rating of Everest base Camp Helicopter Trek
A trekker or walker who is able to hike normally 5-6 hours per day carrying a light weight backpack will be fit enough to do this trekking. There are stone steps up and downs which are uneven and due to some long descents your legs may feel shaky so we recommend the use of walking poles. The maximum altitude of the trek is 5545 m, so you need to be careful about your health and the altitude related risks. To properly acclimatize one needs to walk slowly and drink more water.
Safe drinking water on Everest base Camp Helicopter Trek
Generally, you can find bottled water at lower altitude places but it gets harder to find it in higher elevation places and it gets more expensive. In those higher altitudes we recommend you drink previously boiled water which tea houses sell for a small fee. You can also bring chlorine tablets to purify your water if you wish. Due to lack of regulation on the discard of plastic bottles it is probably better to use boiled water, very helpful for the protection of our environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on Everest base Camp Helicopter Trek
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hour for charging facilities. We recommend buying adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Everest base Camp Helicopter Trek
In your trekking you might come across some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute balloons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers have felt same. But it is best not to do so because it encourages them to beg. In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not leave valuables behind. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang anything outside at night.
Use a dustbin and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-15 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Everest base Camp Helicopter Trek
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Everest base Camp Helicopter Trek
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in the bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water froze then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilets are mainly Asian squat style. Toilets are outside your room and it varies in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea house lodges with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will have the opportunity to interact with the charming local people and experience their hospitality.
Altitude sickness is a change in a body due to high altitude, decrease in atmospheric pressure makes breathing difficult due to less oxygen. Mainly, it happens above 3300m (10,000ft). Signs and symptoms are as follows:
- Sleepy but can’t sleep
- Loss of Appetite
Prevention for this is to dress warmly as per weather conditions, drink and eat plenty, walk slowly and climb high sleep low. Keeping hydrated, but make sure you avoid alcohol.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking planner is the government licensed trekking company in Nepal as we can see a photos of legal documents in about us section. Under following terms and condition, we accept your booking:
We require a non-fundable deposit of 15% as down payment in advance in order to book flight tickets, hotel booking and Tims Cards, as well as permits. Booking must be done 5 days earlier and the amount can be either, a Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card with the balance payable upon your arrival in Nepal
Equipment for Everest base Camp Helicopter Trek
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag. ( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.