- Trip Grade:Easy To Moderate
- Max Elevation:3,867m
- Total Duration:14 days
- Best Time:March-May & Sept-Dec
- Activities:Trekking, Historical & Cultural Excursion
- Trekking Duration:10 days
- Accommodation:Double/Twin shearing in hotel/Luxury Lodge
- Meals:Full board in Trekking & Breakfast basis in City
- Transportation:Private Vehicle/Flight
- Group Size:02-08
- Per Day Walking:4-6 hrs
Everest Luxury Lodge Trekking, interesting to know that in Nepal Himalaya where travelers can meet the luxury and comfort of homely pleasure even in remote areas of Everest region, with unbelievable lovely and cozy Mountain lodge and resorts to stay overnights with an excellent food menu.
Everest Luxury Lodge Trekking, which was first started in Everest region way back in 1980’s with Everest View Hotel above Namche Bazaar, then due to the mass flow of trekkers many lodges and Tea-House mushroomed to cater the needs of the trekkers.
As years went by with hundreds flow of trekkers and adventurer including climbers and mountaineers demand of good lodge was in great need, where smaller Tea-House were converted into the standard lodge and as well setting up the classy and high standard with deluxe lodges and resorts has spring up.
At present trekkers and adventurer can have a great choice of accommodation from the standard lodge to luxury lodge for great comfort with warm Sherpa Hospitality in the shade of mighty Mt. Everest with Sherpa immense Buddhist culture observe its age-old colorful and lively traditions.
A fascinating moderate adventure Everest Luxury trekking, starting with a scenic sweeping flight to Lukla from Kathmandu and then walking with views soak in the local culture around nice villages visiting monasteries of great interest.
Everest Luxury Lodge Trekking, where trekkers will have ample time to soak within its amazing landscapes and snow-capped peaks views observing a traditional life of Sherpa villages of immense interest interwoven with Buddhism religion and custom.
Walking at ease enjoying views in the comfort of the nice lodge with great comfort staying overnights in Phakding, Namche Bazaar, Tashinga and Mende including Monjo, Lukla with an excellent food menu and well stock bar including cozy dining room facing views of mountains.
On this excellent walks without a problem of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) as with enough days to get acclimatize at certain high elevation with rest days on route trekking before heading much higher up above 3,000 meters high.
Truly an awesome journey where you can walk at your leisure pace enjoying views and local heritage life as it was since hundreds of centuries, where Sherpa culture is strongly similar to Tibet custom and traditional way of life.
After reaching at Lukla with its small unique airstrip, then walking starts past Lukla town at your normal pace heading past several nice farm villages with views of Kwangde and Kusum Khanguru peaks to reach at Phakding for first overnight in the luxury of comfortable lodge/resorts with immense Sherpa hospitality.
The journey continues walking into Sagarmatha National Park (Sagarmatha for Everest in Nepali and Sherpa calls Chomolungma means Great Mother in both languages) to reach at famous Namche Bazaar with time here with fabulous views of Mt. Everest and Ama Dablam mountains with an array of peaks.
The walk leads to a quiet area at Teshinga and then to beautiful areas of Thyangboche surrounded within serene alpine woodland with the tremendous panorama of Everest-Lhotse-Nuptse-Ama Dablam-Kangtenga-Tharmasarku and Kwangde peaks, here visit its interesting monastery with the friendly sound of monks and priest chanting a prayer.
From Thyangboche walk leads to Mende on the off the beaten trails, seldom visited by trekkers within isolated and scenic spot at the great comfort of the nice deluxe lodge that Mende has to offer within high Khumbu region.
After a great time visiting Thame and Khumjung interesting villages then heading back to Lukla for the sweeping panoramic flight to Kathmandu, with great memorable times and experience on Everest Luxury Lodge Trekking.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m and transfer to Hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu international airport via respective airlines, where you will be received by our office staff and guide with a warm welcome then transfer to your hotels in the hub of the city.
After checking into your rooms and getting refreshed join the other groups for a briefing on Everest Luxury Trekking, our guide offers you with useful important information regarding trek and your stay in Nepal with us.
Evening includes welcome dinner in a nice and authentic Nepalese restaurant with Folk Culture program of Nepal while having your dinner.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Morning, depart from the hotel for exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest, Kathmandu city and its valley steeped with historical and religious monuments temples and monasteries listed as World Heritage Sites.
After an interesting tour afternoon free to relax and preparation for Everest Luxury Trekking, next early morning flight to Lukla.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m & trek to Phakding 2,640 m - 04 hrs.
Starting early morning transfer to domestic airport for short and scenic flight to Lukla, taking a smaller aircraft (Twin Otter or Dornier) during 30 minutes on air with an amazing panorama of Himalayan series of peaks with Mt. Everest, as the plane lands on its unique uphill runways reaching Tenzing & Hillary airport in Lukla.
From here a slow start with few hours of walks on downhill past many Sherpa farm villages with well-tended crops and vegetable fields and terraces with occasional views of snow-capped peaks of Kwangde and Kusum Khanguru, and then reaching our first overnight stop of the trek at Phakding in the comfort of nice and cozy lodge located by the raging Dudh Kosi River.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 06 hrs.
Today with long uphill walk to reach at famous Namche Bazaar, starting with gradual walk following Dudh Kosi River upstream crossing few bridges to reach Sagarmatha National Park entrance near Monjo village.
Sagarmatha for Everest in Nepalese while Sherpa calls Chomolungma (of Tibetan origin) in both languages means 'Great Mother', from here a pleasant walk on river bed then climb for few hours into forested trail with views of snow capped peaks, as this scenic walk reaches you at exciting Namche Bazaar.
- Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and local excursion.
A rest day at Namche Bazaar for necessary acclimatization, before heading higher area an ideal spot for free day at this height above 3,440 m high.
In Namche spend the day with scenic hike to view points on top Namche facing Mt. Everest-Amadablam and other range of peaks, afternoon explore the streets and shops, Namche holds a colorful and busy Saturday Market once a week.
- Day 06: Trek to Teshinga 3,445 m - 04 hrs.
An easy day of few hours walks to Teshinga located on the main route of Everest base camp, as our morning proceeds on a gradual scenic path overlooking views of peaks with Everest and majestic Ama Dablam including an array of peaks.
After few hours of good walk on the main trail, just after Shanasa village, our route diverts from the main trail into hidden areas within woodland of pines and rhododendron to reach our overnight stop at Teshinga, and then transfer into a lovely chalet or a resort.
Afternoon free for short walks around or just relax in this tranquil surrounding and marvel the views of snow-capped peaks.
- Day 07: Hike and excursion to Thyangboche 3,867m and back to Teshinga-06 hrs.
A free day at Teshinga in one of the best lodge/resorts around Khumbu area, the morning after hearty breakfast walk downhill to Imjatse River at Phunge-Tenga, and then uphill climb into rhododendron, pines, fir forest with grand views of snowcapped peaks.
After few hours of climb reaching Thyangboche Monastery, enjoy marvelous views of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Kangtenga, Thamasarku, Kwande with magnificent Amadablam, here with time to visit its interesting monastery and observe monks and priest on prayer.
Enjoying a scenic morning hike and excursion return to Theshinga taking the same scenic route back.
- Day 08: Trek to Mende 3,736 m - 06 hrs.
Morning on the pleasant trail for an hour towards Khumjung village located on a glacial valley, with time, visit its old monastery where you can have an opportunity to witness a scalp kept in a glass box believed to be of Yeti.
After Khumjung and visit of the monastery walk leads on gradual up near Khunde village, as our treks encounter series of Mani walls (Buddhist prayer slabs with holy inscriptions), then a short descend where the trail from Namche meets on route Thame and Mende.
A nice walk with ever-present views of Kwangde peaks as our journey leads past Thamo village and then uphill to reach Mende for overnight in a nice and lovely cottage and a resort.
At Mende enjoy grand views of Kwangde Ri range in complete ambiance as this spot isolated from main trails and villages in the harmony of natural surroundings.
- Day 09: Hike and excursion to Thame 3,800 m - 05 hrs.
A free day at Mende, with options of hike to Thame village, unlike Namche a quiet, sleepy village least frequented by main flow of trekkers, an interesting morning walks leads downhill to cross over Bhote Kosi river, and with short uphill to reach at Thame village and visit its one of the oldest monastery of Khumbu, believed to be more than 500 yrs old monastery.
Thame situated on the route to Tibet border and as well towards Renjo-La to Gokyo Lake and over Tashi Labtsa to reach Rolwaling valley.
After a wonderful day excursion with lunch at Thame return back to Mende for overnight in the comfort of a nice cozy lodge.
- Day 10: Trek to Monjo 2,835 m via Namche Bazaar - 05 hrs.
The walk leads on the same route from Mende to Thamo onward to reach at Namche after few hours of treks, then heading downhill to Dudh Kosi River and with the short climb to reach the entrance of Sagarmatha National park and to Monjo for the overnight stop after a pleasant walk of short ups and downs.
- Day 11: Trek to Lukla - 04 hrs.
Our last day walk of the great adventure, morning starts with short descend towards a bridge over Dudh Kosi River to reach Phakding.
From Phakding towards Lukla walk leads ups and downhill with the last climb for an hour to reach Lukla for last overnight stop in Khumbu and Everest region.
- Day 12: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
From Lukla an early morning flight to Kathmandu with the panorama of mountains views all the way to Kathmandu, at Kathmandu domestic airport our staff transfers you back into your hotel with the free afternoon to relax after a great and wonderful time on Everest Luxury Trekking.
- Day 13: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
Today a free day in Kathmandu reserved as an extra day in case of flight delay and cancellation in Lukla, due to unfavorable bad weather conditions which can occur sometimes as Himalaya weather can be unpredictable.
If all goes well as per our guideline set itinerary, one can enjoy this day relaxing or with individual extra activities or book for another exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest.
- Day 14: Final International departure from Nepal.
Your last day in Nepal, country of Himalayan wonders and as per your international flight time depart for homeward bound or to next respective connecting destinations.
Our staff and guide transfer you to Kathmandu airport after a mesmerizing memory and great time on Everest Luxury Trekking.
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle (for both International and domestic flight
- welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 04 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu flight with airport departure tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment.
- Twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation in the Luxury Lodge (Yeti Mountain Home/Everest Summit Lodge) during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Holiday Planner Nepal’s sleeping bag, down jackets, Ti-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate fee in USD and two passport size photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Difficulties rating of Everest Luxury Trek
A trekker or walker who is able to hike normally 4-5 hours per day carrying a light weight backpack will be very fit enough to do this trekking. There are stone step up and down which are very uneven and due to some long descents your leg may feel shaky so we recommend to use walking poles to feel safer. Luxury Trek is normal and no need to feel altitude related risk.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on the Trek
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, iPhone etc. Lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Luxury trek in Everest
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute balloons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers have felt same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask to every trekker.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not left anything anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang any things outside at night.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per day
Mainly, depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 15-20 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates on trekking.
Travel Insurance for Everest Luxury Trek
Trekking in Nepal is mainly in remote area. You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Everest Luxury Trek
All the lodges offer hot showers, which will be in bathroom. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip
Trekking planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal as you can see a photos of legal documents in about us section. Under following terms and condition, we accept your booking:
We required non-refundable deposit of 15% down payment in advance is mandatory to book a flight tickets, hotel booking and TIMS as well as permit process. Booking must be done 5 days earlier and amount can be either bank transfer or western Union, money gram as well as through credit cards and the rest amount must be paid upon your arrival to Nepal
Suggested Equipment list for this trip;
Equipment for this trip
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Most Common FAQs
Can you provide me more information about the lodges on this Luxury trek?
In Luxury trek, lodges offer the perfect opportunity to experience trekking in the mountains in luxury and comfort. Each room in every lodge has an attached bathroom with hot showers and western toilets, comfortable beds and great qualitative food. Everything is provided from sheets and blankets to hot water bottles, beautiful landscaped gardens and comfortable lounges.
How fit do I have to be for this trek?
Everest Luxury Trek is consider as moderate trek but trekking in Himalaya means uphill and downhill walking in remote part. You must be healthy and fit to make your mind you can trek minimum 4-5 hours a day.
How many guides and porters will be there in our group?
A group will have a group leader or a guide who will lead you on the trek. Porters will be there to carry your baggage packs and all the gears. One porter will carry two trekkers baggage. A number of supporting staff will depend upon your group size.
At one time how many liter of water I have to carry in the trek?
Mostly 3-4 liters is sufficient. You will be able to refill bottles at lunch time. When you are in high altitude you have to drink more water to get rid of altitude sickness.
Is it necessary to carry Trekking poles?
Yes, Trekking Poles make you easy to walk in the rough ways. Trekking poles makes your body and leg to move more safely. So, we suggest you to use it.
Is bottled water available everywhere in the trek?
Mainly luxury lodges on the way sell bottled water and other supplies that may be needed for you on the trek. There are no any plastic recycleable facilities in Nepal, we encourage you to bring chlorine tablets and use filter water in the lodges.
Should I have to bring iodine tablets for purifying the water?
You have to bring iodine tablet with you. Chlorine tablets are widely available. The most effective and commonly used version of chlorine is chlorine dioxide, which is tasteless and odorless. Tablets can be bought cheaply and usually 1 tablet is sufficient to purify 1 liter of water. Neutralizing tablets can also be bought to get rid of the smell and taste of chlorine or iodine. This will need to be done for water obtained using hand pumps or streams in the trek.
What if I get ill while on the trek?
It depends on the nature of your illness. If you suddenly feel dizzy or weak, you have to sit or lie down. If you still feel sick, keep a warm and quiet until you can get medical help. You will carry down if no progress we advise travelers to take a personal kit too.
In serious cases, you need helicopter rescue. Our guide will suggest you to use it if its ver serious. So, helicopter rescue insurance is necessary for every trekker before you come to trek in this trek.
Would you recommend taking a Down Jacket?
The weather is changeable in the Himalaya so you can expect to experience four seasons in one day. Make sure you have plenty of warm layers which you can shed or add as required. While even in winter it can be as warm as 19C during the day, the higher the altitude, the colder the temperature and when high up the temperature drops significantly at night to around -10C in October/November, and to around -20C from December to February.
Is alcohol permitted on trek?
Alcohol is consumed in Nepal. You can buy it in lodges in the trek. Local alcohol is also available. However we suggest you not to drink alcohol at high altitude.
What kind of weather can we expect during trekking?
Mountains weather is difficult to predict. Although at night it is generally cooler and the days are warm. Winter (January and February) will be colder but the days can be warm if the sun is out. There will be bit of snow during the month of January, February and December. It is also important to make sure that you can stay warm and dry in just about any conditions.
Most Common FAQs
- 01: When and how can I book for Everest Luxury Trek?
- After going through our itinerary as well Terms and Conditions you can book the trip as per our E-Mail address, then we will inform you a balance of advance payment required.
- 02: How many persons are in the group to Everest Luxury Trek?
- Depending upon peak / high seasons for the treks, normally minimum of 2-3 persons in the group with maximum 4-10 pax, on special case and request we manage group of more than 10 to 15 or more people in the group.
- 03: How hard is the trek on Everest Luxury Trek?
- Well you might know that Nepal is a hilly and mountainous country with lots of ups and down hills to walk with some gradual winding trail, walking at your own normal moderate pace will be all right. Walking is not that hard / tough except coping with the altitude on this trek reaching high above 3,867 m at Thyangboche Monastery on optional walks and hike, taking slow and steady walks will reach and fulfill your dreams, and we have flexible itinerary with rest day to acclimatize on route higher areas.
- 04: How are the communications on route trekking?
- Not a big problem as most of the lodges and hotels on treks do have ISTD / STD as well satellite and cell phones for long distance calls, cell phone with local SIM do works in most high areas, except when you are in gorge areas in between hills and mountains does not work sometimes. But it won't be a big problem, as communication by cell phone is highly used among trekkers and by locals, just a matter of some days it work on high hills and open wide areas.
- 05: What happens if Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight gets delayed or cancelled?
- This is why we have set the programs with extra day in kathmandu just in case of flight gets delayed or cancelled in Lukla, due to bad unfavorable weather conditions. If flight from Kathmandu to Lukla might get cancelled with try to organize a chopper depending upon conditions if Heli can fly and land (that's to Lukla and back if condition arises). That is after making discussion with fellow trekking members at extra cost, where company will issue a letter for you to claim from your insurance companies. If bad weather prolong for many days, we will reroute the areas of trekking to other safe destinations, if things gets beyond our control like bad weather and trail conditions.
- 06: Who will accompany on the treks?
- Our expert native guide of the areas of trekking route will lead and guide the groups, and porters or pack animals (Yak / Ghopkyo a cross breed of Yak and normal cow / ox) to carry your bigger bags that you won't be using during days walks.