- Trip Code:HTNETPT
- Trip Grade:Challenging
- Max Elevation:5,545 m
- Total Duration:22 days
- Best Time:March - May, Sept - December
- Activities:Guided tour-exciting drive/flight-scenic,historical and cultural trekking
- Trekking Duration:18 days
- Trip start from :Kathmandu
- Trip end at :Kathmandu
- Area of trekking:Nepal's Far North Mid Eastern Himalaya around Khumbu region.
- Average walking:about 5-6 hrs
- Transportation:Private Vehicles /Tourist Bus/Flight
- Meals:Full board in Trekking & Breakfast basis in City
- Accommodation:Double/Twin shearing in hotel/lodge
- Group size :2-8 pax
- Trek style:Hotel/Lodge
Everest Three Passes Trekking one of the outmost journey to experience on this high altitude adventure covering all scenic areas of high Khumbu within Everest region facing spectacular scenery of giant peaks on daily walks. This awesome adventure where trekkers need to be in good physical shape with sound health as this is one of the most challenging treks in Himalaya of Nepal, but worth the walks as it offers you with an exciting moment on daily treks.
Adventure on Everest Three Passes Trekking, where trekkers will be glorified with awesome panorama of mountains, as walk leads you between high peaks, glaciers, moraine, and snow where our expert guide will lead you safely on each crossing taking care of your health and supporting your every move to make the trek a huge success.
Everest Three High Pass Trekking begins from Lukla after a short flight from Kathmandu heading into lovely farm villages of Sherpa and walking into Sagarmatha National Park, listed as world heritage sites, where you can often see some wild mountain animals and bird life as well.
Walking into famous Namche Bazaar with rest and acclimatization days before heading higher terrain as our route leads to scenic Thyangboche Monastery where colorful Mani Rimdu held once a year in the month of October. From here into windswept and arid terrain within the arctic zone of ice and glaciers as our first adventure leads over Kongma-la to reach at Everest base camp for grand views of Khumbu Ice Falls and glaciers, and then on top scenic Kalapathar for a fantastic panorama of mountains.
The journey continues heading over Tsho-la pass to reach beautiful Gokyo Lake and its scenic valley in the shade of Cho-Oyu Mountains that reflects on its calm lakes, from Gokyo adventure leads to traverse our last and final pass over Renjo-la then towards a quaint sleepy Thame village.
After completing all high three passes of Everest then heading towards Namche and back at Lukla for a sweeping short flight to Kathmandu with the overwhelming adventure of a lifetime experience on Everest Three Passes Trekking.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m and transfer to Hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu international airport via respective airlines, where you will be received by our office staff and guide with the warm welcome then transfer to your hotels in the hub of the city.
After checking into your rooms and getting refreshed join the other groups for a briefing on Everest Base Camp Trekking, our guide offers you with useful important information regarding trek and your stay in Nepal with us.
The evening includes welcome dinner in a nice and authentic Nepalese restaurant with Folk Culture program of Nepal while having your dinner.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Morning, depart from the hotel for an exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest, Kathmandu city and its valley steeped with historical and religious monuments temples and monasteries listed as World Heritage Sites.
After an interesting tour afternoon free to relax and preparation for Everest Base Camp trekking next early morning flight to Lukla.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m & trek to Phakding 2,640 m - 04 hrs.
Starting early morning transfer to domestic airport for short and scenic flight to Lukla, taking a smaller aircraft (Twin Otter or Dornier) during 30 minutes on air with an amazing panorama of Himalayan series of peaks with Mt. Everest, as the plane lands on its unique uphill runways reaching Tenzing & Hillary airport in Lukla.
From here a slow start with few hours of walks on downhill past many Sherpa farm villages with well-tended crops and vegetable fields and terraces with occasional views of snow-capped peaks of Kwangde and Kusum Kanguru, and then reaching our first overnight stop of the trek at Phakding in the comfort of nice and cozy lodge located by the raging Dudh Kosi River.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 06 hrs.
Today with the long uphill walk to reach at famous Namche Bazaar, starting with the gradual walk following Dudh Kosi River upstream crossing few bridges to reach Sagarmatha National Park entrance near Monjo village.
Sagarmatha for Everest in Nepalese, while Sherpa calls Chomolungma (of Tibetan origin) in both languages, means 'Great Mother', from here a pleasant walk on river bed then climb for few hours into the forested trail with views of snow-capped peaks, as this scenic walk reaches you at exciting Namche Bazaar.
- Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and local excursion.
A rest day at Namche Bazaar for necessary acclimatization, before heading higher area an ideal spot for the free day at this height above 3,440 m high.
In Namche spend the day with the scenic hike to viewpoints on top Namche facing Mt. Everest-Amadablam and other range of peaks, afternoon explore the streets and shops, Namche holds a colorful and busy Saturday Market once a week.
- Day 06: Trek to Thyangboche Monastery 3,867 m – 05 hrs.
From Namche walk leads on a gradual scenic path with downhill to Imjatse River at Phung-Tenga for lunch, afternoon uphill climb into rhododendron, pines, fir forest with grand views of snowcapped peaks.
After few hours of climb reaching Thyangboche Monastery, enjoy marvelous views of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Kangtenga, Thamasarku, Kwande with magnificent Amadablam, an afternoon with time to visit its interesting monastery and observe monks and priest on prayer.
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche 4,260 m - 05hrs.
Morning on the downhill for an hour towards Imjatse River, after crossing a bridge walking into an open country where tree lines stop for few short juniper and rhododendron bushes, uphill for a while to reach at Pangboche village at 3,900 meters.
This is the last permanent village before Dingboche and beyond, from here a slow climb to Somara for lunch and continue to walk with the climb to Dingboche village for the overnight stop, located within scenic Imjatse valley with excellent views of Ama Dablam and Island Peak.
- Day 08: Rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization and excursion.
A rest day for proper acclimatization here a short hike up to Nagarjuna hills for better views of surrounding peaks with Mt. Makalu towards east adjoining.
For some energetic people optional walk to Chukung at 4,760 m high, a small settlement within Imjatse valley offers incredible views of Island Peak, Lhotse Shar, Lhotse, Nuptse, and Amadablam.
- Day 09: Trek to Chukung 4,730m - 04 hrs.
The morning after breakfast trek on wide beautiful Imjatse valley heading east to reach our overnight stop at Chukung with an afternoon free to enjoy views with an optional hike to Chukung Ri at 5,550 m high a superb viewpoint.
- Day 10: Cross over Kongma-La 5,535 m, trek to Lobuche 4,930 m - 08 hrs.
After wonderful stop at Chhukung, our true adventure begins crossing first high pass an early morning climb uphill an hour leadings over icy path, from here onwards on rocky trail beneath Kongma-La and Kongma or Mehra peak, after a good rest cross Kongma-la pass above 5,535 m / 18,159 ft, located between Mt. Nuptse wall, Mehara and Pokalde peaks.
After a tough climb heading towards Khumbu glacier and moraine with the short steep climb to the terminal debris of Khumbu Glacier to reach Lobuche for an overnight stop in comfort of the nice lodge after a great adventurous walk.
- Day 11: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5364 m and return to Gorakshep 5,180 m - 06 hrs.
Today our adventure takes you at Everest Base Camp walking for few hours with the short steep climb in between glacier and moraine, then reaching at Gorakshep, beneath the lofty peak of Pumori and Kalapathar rocky hill.
The walk continues towards Everest base camp, at base camp enjoy views of massive Khumbu Ice Fall and glaciers, after an exciting time with the experience of a lifetime retrace the journey back to Gorakshep for an overnight stop.
- Day 12: Hike to Kalapathar 5,545 m trek to Dzongla 4,850 m - 05 hrs.
Early morning climb on top Kalapathar at above 5,545 m, our highest point of the adventure with magnificent views of mountains includes Mt. Everest at close distance, after a great time on top descend back to Gorakshep for breakfast and continue walk to Dzongla past Lobuche for overnight stop before our second Tsho-La pass.
- Day 13: Cross over Tsho-la (Cho-la) 5,367 m and descend to Thagnag 4,750 - 07 hrs.
Our second Big Day to cross Cho-La Pass after early breakfast following a path leading to a step up and then crossing over a glacier on the east side.
Tsho / Cho-La pass above 5,367 m high, quite challenging to cross in snow conditions, from the top views of high with Cholatse Glacier, and then descend safely to Thanknak for an overnight stop at 4,750m a small isolated spot with few small lodges.
- Day 14: Trek to Gokyo 4,800m -04 hrs.
Morning walk leads to Gokyo Lake following a scenic trail, then climb on rocky path into ablation valley passing first lake and then second lakes, to reach a third lake called Dudh Pokhari or Gokyo Lake.
This beautiful area within Gokyo at 4,800 meters high, after lunch short walk around lake with views of Mt. Cho Oyo world’s 06th highest and Gyachung Kang that reflects on emerald Gokyo Lake.
- Day 15: At Gokyo rest day with hike to Gokyo-Ri 5,357 m for panorama.
A free day at Gokyo with the rest day, but with a steep hike up to Gokyo-Ri 5,357m, for the panorama of world’s highest peaks from Mt. Cho Oyo, Gyachung Kang, Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Cholatse, Taweche and to the east rises Mt. Makalu. After a marvelous time at Gokyo-Ri then descend to Gokyo for breakfast and lunch and free afternoon at leisure, preparation for the last final pass over Renjo-La.
- Day 16: Cross over Renjo-la 5,360 m and descend to Lungden 4,600 m - 07 hrs.
Last tough and big day! of the adventure to complete all three high passes with Renjo-la, starting early morning with a climb at the end of Gokyo Lake, the route to the pass offers views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cholatse and Taboche, and then crossing Renjo La pass at 5,465 m / 17,929 ft, one of the most difficult section of this adventure, on reaching the top with breathtaking panorama of Mt. Cho-Oyu and other high surrounding peaks, after enjoying the views.
After a short stop walk downhill to frozen ponds beneath Renjo La pass, and then a long descend reaching a small settlement at Lungdeng for an overnight stop after a tough day completing our last pass of the adventure, Lungdeng located on-route Nangpa-la pass to Tibet.
- Day 17: Trek to Thame village 3,880 via Marlung 4,140 m - 06 hrs.
After feeling at ease and tired on finishing all three great high passes of Khumbu and Everest, morning walk on the gradual downhill to Marlung village, and then continue walking to a sleepy and quiet village at Thame located west of Namche Bazaar.
At Thame with time to visit its old and interesting monastery believed to be of more than 500 years old.
- Day 18: Trek to Namche Bazaar - 05 hrs walks.
Walk leads on an easy trail to reach at Thamo village, allowing you with more time on this route within woodland, from here few hour walks to reach at Namche Bazaar for an overnight stop after a pleasant walk of short ups and downs.
- Day 19: Trek to Lukla - 06 hrs.
Our last day walk of the great adventure, morning starts with long descend towards Sagarmatha National Park entrance at Monjo village and then crossing a long bridge to reach Phakding.
From Phakding towards Lukla as walk leads ups and downhill with the last climb of an hour to reach Lukla for last overnight stop in Khumbu and Everest region.
- Day 20: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
From Lukla, an early morning flight to Kathmandu with a panorama of mountains views all the way to Kathmandu, at Kathmandu domestic airport our staff transfers you back into your hotel with a free afternoon to relax after a great and wonderful time on Everest Three High Pass Trekking.
- Day 21: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
Today a free day in Kathmandu reserved as an extra day in case of flight delay and cancellation in Lukla, due to unfavorable bad weather conditions which can occur sometimes as Himalaya weather can be unpredictable.
If all goes well as per our guideline set itinerary, one can enjoy this day relaxing or with individual extra activities or book for another exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest.
- Day 22: Final International departure from Nepal.
Your last day in Nepal, country of Himalayan wonders and as per your international flight time depart for homeward bound or to next respective connecting destinations.
Our staff and guide transfer you to Kathmandu airport after a mesmerizing memory and great adventure on Everest Three High Pass Trekking.
- All Arrival & Departure transportation before / after trekking/ climbing.
- Twin sharing accommodation at tourist standard hotel in Kathmandu and at places as per our standard itineraries on bed and breakfast with transportation airport/hotel/airport. (single supplement at extra cost in rooms)
- Applicable trekking permits (TIMS) National Park fees.
- Full board trekking in lodge basis on twin sharing basis (B-L-D)
- Domestic airfare as per the itinerary with transportation to and from airports.
- Wages, medical insurance, meals and transportation allowance of trekking staff and porters.
- Half day sightseeing guided tour at places of interest world heritage sites
- Nepal entry visa / personal travel-medical insurance.
- Meals in Kathmandu as per our set itineraries programs.
- Expenses of personal nature, soft / hard drink / bottled water / other services which are not mentioned. Gratitude /Tipping expected at the end of the trip for trekking staff and porters.
- Personal trekking gears including sleeping bags/down jackets (which can be bought and hired in Kathmandu at reasonable cost) and personal medical kit.
- 05: Emergency evacuation if required by any means of transportation including Heli services.
- Early return from the trip due to the personal/medical problem in this case clients should bear his/ her expenses all the way and in Kathmandu including accompanying guide/ porters meals / transportation expenses.
Most Common FAQs
- 01: When and how can I book for the trek on Everest Three High Passes?
- After going through our itinerary as well Terms and Conditions you can book the trip as per our E-Mail address, then we will inform you a balance of advance payment required.
- 02: How many persons are in the group on Everest Three High Pass Treks?
- Depending upon peak / high seasons for the treks, normally minimum of 2-3 persons in the group with maximum 4-10 pax, on special case and request we manage group of more than 10 to 15 or more people in the group.
- 03: How hard is the trek on Everest Three Pass Treks?
- Well you might know that Nepal is a hilly and mountainous country with lots of ups and down hills to walk with some gradual winding trail, walking at your own normal moderate pace will be all right. Walking is not that hard / tough except coping with the altitude on this trek reaching high above 5,000 m over Kongma-la, Tsho-la (Cho-la) Gorakshep-base camp and Kalapathar, including Renjo-la. A slow and steady walks will reach and fulfill your dreams, and we have flexible itinerary with rest day to acclimatize on route higher areas.
- 04: How are the communications on route trekking?
- Not a big problem as most of the lodges and hotels on treks do have ISTD / STD as well satellite and cell phones for long distance calls, cell phone with local SIM do works in most high areas, except when you are in gorge areas in between hills and mountains does not work sometimes. But it won't be a big problem, as communication by cell phone is highly used among trekkers and by locals, just a matter of some days it work on high hills and open wide areas.
- 05: What happens if Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight gets delayed or cancelled?
- This is why we have set the programs with extra day in Kathmandu just in case of flight gets delayed or cancelled in Lukla, due to bad unfavorable weather conditions. If flight from Kathmandu to Lukla might get cancelled with try to organize a chopper depending upon conditions if Heli can fly and land (that's to Lukla and back if condition arises). That is after making discussion with fellow trekking members at extra cost, where company will issue a letter for you to claim from your insurance companies. If bad weather prolong for many days, we will reroute the areas of trekking to other safe destinations, if things gets beyond our control like bad weather and trail conditions.
- 06: Who will accompany on the treks?
- Our expert native guide of the areas of trekking route will lead and guide the groups, and porters or pack animals (Yak / Ghopkyo a cross breed of Yak and normal cow / ox) to carry your bigger bags that you won't be using during days walks.