- Trip Code:GLEPTHTN
- Trip Grade:Moderate-adventurous
- Max Elevation:5,357 m
- Total Duration:12 Nights & 13 Days
- Best Time:March - May , December - February
- Activities:Guided tour-exciting drive-scenic and cultural trekking.
- Overall Trip:16 Nights & 17 Days
- Area of trekking:Nepal's Far North Mid Eastern Himalaya around Khumbu region.
- Average walking:From minimum 4 hrs to maximum 6 hours treks
Gokyo Lake & Everest Panorama Trekking
Gokyo Lake & Everest Panorama Trekking takes you to Himalayan wonderland on high and scenic Khumbu areas in the shade of towering Mt. Everest and Mt. Cho-Oyu the only spot where you can get a panorama of world’s four highest mountains on top Gokyo-Ri viewpoint hill.
This marvelous journey to Gokyo Lake & Everest Panorama Trekking leads you around quiet and quaint trail where few trekkers visit this awesome region within Gokyo Lake and its beautiful areas.
Gokyo areas, at one time a Yak grazing summer pastures as trekking and other adventure began Gokyo valley opened up with nice and cozy lodges on a route for the comfort of visitors into this beautiful Gokyo valley offering amazing views of high snow-capped peaks.
Starting with the short and exciting flight from Kathmandu to land at the unique airstrip in Lukla town, then following a gradual trail past interesting villages of Phakding-Ghat and Monjo where you can witness impressive Sherpa culture interwoven with Buddhism religion.
As walk leads into serene woodland with constant views of peaks then heading up to famous Namche Bazaar, an interesting town/village for rest days to get acclimatize with facilities of well-stocked stores-shops-restaurant with banks and assist to ATM also.
From Namche leaving the main trails behind heading towards isolated areas at Gokyo Lake and its scenic valley filled with emerald lakes and mountains, a hike takes you to the highest spot at Gokyo-Ri for the spectacular panorama of Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu and as far to Mt. Makalu due east with series of peaks.
After a grand time at Gokyo heading back to Lukla taking an alternative scenic route back into green woodland around Thyangboche Monastery surrounded with mountains with grand views of Mt. Everest and majestic Amadablam. Completing our great adventure in Lukla and then fly back to Kathmandu after remarkable time on Gokyo Lake & Everest panorama trekking.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m and transfer to Hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu international airport via respective airlines, where you will be received by our office representative with the warm welcome then transfer to your hotels in the hub of the city.
After checking into your rooms and getting refreshed, if you arrive in Kathmandu in the morning or in the afternoon and wanted to do some walking tours in the town trekking planner will coordinate on this regard, please let us know. Evening dinner and stay overnight in Hotel.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with day sightseeing tour
Briefing: In the morning after breakfast around 08:30, the whole group is briefed about trip in Nepal. We are checking all the equipment for the trek. If something it’s not appropriate enough we can provide, rent or help to buy it here.
After briefing, depart from the hotel for an exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest, Kathmandu city and its valley steeped with historical and religious monuments temples and monasteries listed as World Heritage Sites. We will take you to the most highlight places of Kathmandu, Swayambhunath Stupa which is also known as “The Monkey Temple”, Boudhanath Stupa which is second biggest stupas in the world, Pashupatinath Temple “holy Hindu Temple” and Pathan Durbar square.
After an interesting tour afternoon free to relax and preparation for Gokyo Lake & Everest Panorama trekking next early morning flight to Lukla.
Evening includes welcome dinner in a nice and authentic Nepalese restaurant with Folk Culture program of Nepal while having your dinner.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m & trek to Phakding 2,640 m - 04 hrs.
Starting early morning transfer to domestic airport for short and scenic flight to Lukla, taking a smaller aircraft (Twin Otter or Dornier) during 30 minutes on air with an amazing panorama of Himalayan series of peaks with Mt. Everest, as the plane lands on its unique uphill runways reaching Tenzing & Hillary airport in Lukla.
From here a slow start with few hours of walks on downhill past many Sherpa farm villages with well-tended crops and vegetable fields and terraces with occasional views of snow-capped peaks of Kwangde and Kusum Kanguru, and then reaching our first overnight stop of the trek at Phakding in the comfort of nice and cozy lodge located by the raging Dudh Kosi River.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 06 hrs.
Today with the long uphill walk to reach at famous Namche Bazaar, starting with the gradual walk following Dudh Kosi River upstream crossing few bridges to reach Sagarmatha National Park entrance near Monjo village.
Sagarmatha for Everest in Nepalese, while Sherpa calls Chomolungma (of Tibetan origin) in both languages, means 'Great Mother', from here a pleasant walk on river bed then climb for few hours into the forested trail with views of snow-capped peaks, as this scenic walk reaches you at exciting Namche Bazaar.
- Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and local excursion.
A rest day at Namche Bazaar for necessary acclimatization, before heading higher area an ideal spot for the free day at this height above 3,440 m high.
In Namche spend the day with the scenic hike to viewpoints on top Namche facing Mt. Everest-Amadablam and other range of peaks, afternoon explore the streets and shops, Namche holds a colorful and busy Saturday Market once a week.
- Day 06: Trek to Dole 4,110 m - 06 hrs.
From Namche walk leads on the gradual scenic path with an uphill to reach at Mong Hill with few houses serving as Tea-House and Lodge with fantastic views of peaks, from here downhill to Phortse Tenga near Dudh Kosi within the forested area.
With possible lunch stop, afternoon walk leads to a climb into rhododendron, pines, fir forest with grand views of snowcapped peaks.
After few hours climb reaching at Dole at 4,110 m high a moderate size settlement with good lodges to stay.
- Day 07: Trek to Machherma 4,470m - 04 hrs.
After Dole, walk on the high trail for an hour to Lhabarma Kharka at 4,325 m and Luza at 4,390m; then skirting around a ridge with views of Machherma, situated below on a small valley, walk downhill to Machherma for lunch and overnight stop.
Hereafter lunch rest of the afternoon free for acclimatization and short hike with views of Mt. Cho Oyo 8,210m and other mountains flanking above Ngozumba Glacier.
- Day 08: Trek to Gokyo 4,800m -04 hrs.
Morning walk leads to Gokyo Lake following a scenic trail to Pangka 4,545m, then climb on the rocky path into ablation valley passing the first lake and then second lakes, to reach a third lake called Dudh Pokhari or Gokyo Lake.
This beautiful area within Gokyo at 4,800 meters high, after lunch short walk around the lake with views of Mt. Cho Oyo world’s 06th highest and Gyachung Kang that reflects on emerald Gokyo Lake.
- Day 09: At Gokyo rest day with hike to Gokyo-Ri 5,357 m for panorama.
A free day at Gokyo with rest day, but with steep hike up to Gokyo-Ri 5,357m, for panorama of world’s highest peaks from Mt. Cho Oyo, Gyachung Kang, Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Cholatse, Taweche and to the east rises Mt. Makalu. After a marvelous time at Gokyo-Ri then descend to Gokyo for breakfast and lunch and free afternoon at leisure.
- Day 10: Trek to Na 4,630 m - 04 hrs.
A free morning to enjoy the surrounding views, and then a short walk to Na a small settlement beneath Ngozumba Glacier, with rest of the afternoon free at leisure to marvel the views.
- Day 11: Trek to Phortse village 3,810 - 04 hrs.
Starting with pleasant morning walk with long descend overlooking fabulous views, and then finally reaching our overnight stop at Phortse, a moderate size quiet and sleepy Sherpa village within a peaceful spot at Phortse where few trekkers visit this isolated place.
- Day 12: Trek Thyangboche Monastery 3,867 m - 05 hrs.
Morning with views of high snow-capped peaks with Amadablam, as our adventure continues heading slow uphill climb for an hour to a ridge and then on gradual up with stunning views as the walk leads above a river and then reaching upper Pangboche village near its old monastery.
With rest and possible lunch stop, afternoon walk on a downhill to a bridge over Imjatse River, where an hour steeps up into a cool lovely alpine forest brings you at beautiful Thyangboche Monastery with sweeping views of Mt. Everest and Amadablam with other adjoining peaks.
At Thyangboche Monastery areas for the overnight stop in its nice and cozy lodge, with ample time to explore its interesting monasteries where you can observe monks and priest on prayer.
Thyangboche famous for Mani Rimdu festival held in October months.
- Day 13: Trek to Monjo 2,860m via Namche Bazaar - 05 hrs.
Morning along with grand views of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Kangtenga, Tharmarserku, Kwangde with magnificent Mt. Amadablam, from here heading downhill and then over a bridge with the climb up to Kyanjinma, an hour before Namche Bazaar.
Kyanjinma a small scenic place with few good lodges offers grand views of Everest-Amadablam with Thermasharkhu, here chances of seeing some wildlife.
From this peaceful spot heading back to Namche Bazaar and then downhill to Dudh Kosi to reach at Sagarmatha entrance and exit gate to reach Monjo village for overnight after a pleasant day walk.
- Day 14: Trek to Lukla - 04 hrs.
Our last day walk of the great adventure, morning starts with long descend towards Sagarmatha National Park entrance at Monjo village and then crossing a long bridge to reach Phakding.
From Phakding towards Lukla as walk leads ups and downhill with the last climb of an hour to reach Lukla for last overnight stop in Khumbu and Everest region.
- Day 15: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
From Lukla an early morning flight to Kathmandu with a panorama of mountains views all the way to Kathmandu, at Kathmandu domestic airport our staff transfers you back into your hotel with a free afternoon to relax after a great and wonderful time on Everest Base Camp Trekking.
- Day 16: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
Today a free day in Kathmandu reserved as an extra day in case of flight delay and cancellation in Lukla, due to unfavorable bad weather conditions which can occur sometimes as Himalaya weather can be unpredictable.
If all goes well as per our guideline set itinerary, one can enjoy this day relaxing or with individual extra activities or book for another exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest.
- Day 17: Final International departure from Nepal.
Your last day in Nepal, country of Himalayan wonders and as per your international flight time depart for homeward bound or to next respective connecting destinations.
Our staff and guide transfer you to Kathmandu airport after a mesmerizing memory and great time on Everest Base Camp Trekking.
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03 night twin/double shearing accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu flight with airport departure tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- We provide assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- First add kid box
- Holiday Tours Nepal’s sleeping bag, down jackets, -shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trekking(Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible
- All applicable government and local taxes as per the itinerary
- One-hour complimentary spa/massage in Kathmandu after trek
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Most Common FAQs
- 01: When and how can I book for the trek to Gokyo Lake?
- After going through our itinerary as well Terms and Conditions you can book for the trip as per our E-Mail address, then we will inform you balance of advance payment required.
- 02: How many persons are in the group to Gokyo Lake?
- Depending upon peak / high seasons for the treks, normally minimum of 2-3 persons in the group with maximum 4-10 pax, on special case and request we manage group of more than 10 to 15 or more people in the group.
- 03: How hard is the trek to Gokyo Lake?
- Well you might know that Nepal is a hilly and mountainous country with lots of ups and down hills to walk with some gradual winding trail, walking at your own normal moderate pace will be all right. Walking is not that hard / tough except coping with the altitude on this trek reaching high above 5,000 m at Gokyo-Ri, a slow and steady walks will reach and fulfill your dreams, and we have flexible itinerary with rest day to acclimatize on route higher areas.
- 04: How are the communications on route trekking?
- Not a big problem as most of the lodges and hotels on treks do have ISTD / STD as well satellite and cell phones for long distance calls, cell phone with local SIM do works in most high areas, except when you are in gorge areas in between hills and mountains does not work sometimes. But it won't be a big problem, as communication by cell phone is highly used among trekkers and by locals, just a matter of some days it work on high hills and open wide areas.
- 05: What happens if Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight gets delayed or cancelled?
- This is why we have set the programs with extra day in Kathmandu just in case of flight gets delayed or cancelled in Lukla, due to bad unfavorable weather conditions. If flight from Kathmandu to Lukla might get cancelled with try to organize a chopper depending upon conditions if Heli can fly and land (that's to Lukla and back if condition arises). That is after making discussion with fellow trekking members at extra cost, where company will issue a letter for you to claim from your insurance companies. If bad weather prolong for many days, we will reroute the areas of trekking to other safe destinations, if things gets beyond our control like bad weather and trail conditions.
- 06: Who will accompany on the treks?
- Our expert native guide of the areas of trekking route will lead and guide the groups, and porters or pack animals (Yak / Ghopkyo a cross breed of Yak and normal cow / ox) to carry your bigger bags that you won't be using during days walks.