- Trip Grade:Moderate-adventurous
- Max Elevation:5,545 m
- Total Duration:18 Days
- Best Time:March - May , September - December
- Activities:Trekking, Historical And Cultural Excursion.
- Trekking Duration:14 days
- Trip Start from :Kathmandu
- Trip end at :Kathmandu
- Accomodation:Double/Twin Sharing In Hotel/Lodge
- Meals:Breakfast Basis In City And Full Board During The Trek
- Transport:Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus/Flight
- Average walking:5-6 hrs walk
- Group size :01-08
Gokyo Lake to Everest Base Camp Trekking offers you the best of high Khumbu and Everest region with an outmost scenery of world’s highest peaks which includes Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu and Mt. Makalu for the scenic viewpoint of Gokyo Ri at Gokyo valley.
Beside mountain views and dramatic landscapes of green rolling hills to barren rocky terrain, walk leads into enchanting woodland covered with tall rhododendron-magnolia-pines-firs-oaks and birch trees where you can often spot wild mountain animals with exotic bird –life.
Gokyo Lake to Everest Base Camp Trekking, trek leads you into nice and lovely Sherpa village of Tibetan Buddhism with similar culture and custom visiting its interesting monasteries on this wonderful walks around high and scenic Gokyo Lake and on route Everest Base Camp.
A magnificent adventure which leads you to high Gokyo Ri with a tremendous panorama of mountains, and then crossing over Tsho / Cho – La pass to Everest base camp and climb of scenic and a highest point of the adventure on top Kalapathar above 5,545 m high with the wide panorama of mountains with Everest at close distance.
Gokyo Lake to Everest Base Camp Trekking starts taking a short panoramic flight to and from Kathmandu-Lukla, the gateway to Everest and high Khumbu valley, as walk follows Dudh Kosi River upstream past Phakding-Monjo and famous colorful Namche Bazaar.
After rest and acclimatization walking on the quiet trail to Gokyo Lake and its beautiful valley and then over a pass with visit of world highest Everest base camp and then back on main trails to Lukla for the sweeping flight back to Kathmandu on completing an adventure of a lifetime experience on Gokyo Lake to Everest Base Camp Trekking.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m & trek to Phakding 2,640 m – 04 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m – 06 hrs.
Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and local excursion.
Day 06: Trek to Dole 4,110 m – 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Machherma 4,470 m – 04 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo Lake 4,800 m – 04 hrs.
Day 09: Hike to Gokyo-Ri 5,357 m and trek to Thagnag 4,750 m – 04 hrs.
Day 10: Cross Tsho – La Pass 5,367m and walk to Dzongla 4,850 m – 07 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Lobuche 4,930 m – 05 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5,364 m and return to Gorakshep 5,180 m – 06 hrs.
Day 13: Hike to Kalapathar 5,545 m and walk to Pangboche 3,900 m via Pheriche -05hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Namche Bazaar – 06 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Lukla – 06 hrs.
Day 16: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 17: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
Day 18: Final International departure from Nepal.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m and transfer to Hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu international airport via respective airlines, where you will be received by our office staff and guide with the warm welcome then transfer to your hotels in the hub of the city.
After checking into your rooms and getting refreshed join the other groups for the briefing on Gokyo Lake to Everest Base Camp Trekking, our guide offers you with useful important information regarding trek and your stay in Nepal with us.
EThe evening includes welcome dinner in a nice and authentic Nepalese restaurant with Folk Culture program of Nepal while having your dinner.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Morning, depart from the hotel for an exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest, Kathmandu city and its valley steeped with historical and religious monuments temples and monasteries listed as World Heritage Sites.
After an interesting tour afternoon free to relax and prepare for Gokyo Lake Everest Base Camp trekking next early morning flight to Lukla.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m & trek to Phakding 2,640 m - 04 hrs.
Starting early morning transfer to domestic airport for short and scenic flight to Lukla, taking a smaller aircraft (Twin Otter or Dornier) during 30 minutes on air with an amazing panorama of Himalayan series of peaks with Mt. Everest, as the plane lands on its unique uphill runways reaching Tenzing & Hillary airport in Lukla.
From here a slow start with few hours of walks on downhill past many Sherpa farm villages with well-tended crops and vegetable fields and terraces with occasional views of snow-capped peaks of Kwangde and Kusum Kanguru, and then reaching our first overnight stop of the trek at Phakding in the comfort of nice and cozy lodge located by the raging Dudh Kosi River.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 06 hrs.
Today with the long uphill walk to reach at famous Namche Bazaar, starting with the gradual walk following Dudh Kosi River upstream crossing few bridges to reach Sagarmatha National Park entrance near Monjo village.
Sagarmatha for Everest in Nepalese, while Sherpa calls Chomolungma (of Tibetan origin) in both languages, means 'Great Mother', from here a pleasant walk on river bed then climb for few hours into the forested trail with views of snow-capped peaks, as this scenic walk reaches you at exciting Namche Bazaar.
- Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and local excursion.
A rest day at Namche Bazaar for necessary acclimatization, before heading higher area an ideal spot for the free day at this height above 3,440 m high.
In Namche spend the day with the scenic hike to viewpoints on top Namche facing Mt. Everest-Amadablam and other range of peaks, afternoon explore the streets and shops, Namche holds a colorful and busy Saturday Market once a week.
- Day 06: Trek to Dole 4,110 m - 06 hrs.
From Namche walk leads on a gradual scenic path with an uphill to reach at Mong Hill with few houses serving as Tea-House and Lodge with fantastic views of peaks, from here downhill to Phortse Tenga near Dudh Kosi within the forested area.
With possible lunch stop, afternoon walk leads to a climb into rhododendron, pines, fir forest with grand views of snowcapped peaks.
After few hours climb reaching at Dole at 4,110 m high a moderate size settlement with good lodges to stay.
- Day 07: Trek to Machherma 4,470m - 04 hrs.
After Dole, walk on the high trail for an hour to Lhabarma Kharka at 4,325 m and Luza at 4,390m; then skirting around a ridge with views of Machherma, situated below on a small valley, walk downhill to Machherma for lunch and overnight stop.
Hereafter lunch rest of the afternoon free for acclimatization and short hike with views of Mt. Cho Oyo 8,210m and other mountains flanking above Ngozumba Glacier.
- Day 08: Trek to Gokyo 4,800m -04 hrs.
Morning walk leads to Gokyo Lake following a scenic trail to Pangka 4,545m, then climb on a rocky path into ablation valley passing the first lake and then second lakes, to reach a third lake called Dudh Pokhari or Gokyo Lake.
This beautiful area within Gokyo at 4,790 meters high, after lunch short walk around a lake with views of Mt. Cho Oyo world’s 06th highest and Gyachung Kang that reflects on emerald Gokyo Lake.
- Day 09: At Gokyo hike to Gokyo-Ri 5,357m and trek to Thagnak 4,750m - 04 hrs.
Morning hike to Gokyo-Ri 5,357m, offers the panorama of world’s highest peaks from Mt. Cho Oyo, Gyachung Kang, Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Cholatse, Taweche and to the east rises Mt. Makalu. After a mesmerizing time at Gokyo Ri and then descend to Gokyo for lunch and then the short walk to Thagnak beneath Ngozumba Glacier with rest of the afternoon free at leisure to enjoy the surrounding views.
- Day 10: Cross Tsho-la 5,367m and trek to Dzongla 4,830 m -07 hrs.
Starting before dawn with long climb to top of Tsho-la pass (pronounced as Cho-la) over rocky moraine, in snow condition this will be tough to find the right path in snow and ice, walking on rubble of moraine reaching at the top enclosed by Cholatse, Nirekha and Taboche peaks, after a hard climb to the top, descend to a small valley at Dzong-la for overnight halt.
- Day 11: Trek to Lobuche 4,930 m - 05 hrs.
After a nice and pleasant stop at Dzongla after crossing a high pass over Tsho-La / Cho-la, morning walk leads to short steep climb with excellent views of peaks and then walking on the gradual uphill trail to reach on top Thugla, where massive Khumbu glaciers melt into raging rivers.
After a break, a nice walk leads you to Lobuche for the overnight stop with sunset views of Nuptse and Lobuche peaks.
- Day 12: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5364 m and return to Gorakshep 5,180 m - 06 hrs.
Today our adventure takes you at Everest Base Camp our main goal and highlight of the trip walking for few hours with short steep climb in between glacier and moraine, then reaching at Gorakshep, beneath lofty peak of Pumori and Kalapathar rocky hill.
Walk continues towards Everest base camp, at base camp enjoy views of massive Khumbu Ice Fall and glaciers, after an exciting time with experience of a lifetime retrace the journey back to Gorakshep for overnight stop.
- Day 13: Hike to Kalapathar 5,545 m trek to Pangboche 3,900 m via Pheriche - 06 hrs.
Early morning climb on top Kalapathar at above 5,545 m, our highest point of the adventure with magnificent views of mountains includes Mt. Everest at close distance, after a great time on top descend back to Gorakshep for breakfast and continue walk to Thugla, from here downhill to Pheriche around windy valley with nice scenic walk to Pheriche for possible lunch stop.
Pheriche houses many lodges with a health post and a station of HRA (Himalayan Rescue Association). From here another few hours of good walk reaches you at Pangboche village for the overnight halt.
- Day 14: Trek to Namche Bazaar - 06 hrs walks.
The walk leads on the same route from Pangboche to reach at scenic Thyangboche Monastery, allowing you with more time on this beautiful spot to explore its interesting monastery and observe monks and priest on prayer chanting in the harmony of a tranquil surrounding of green woodland and mountain views.
From Thyangboche walk downhill with short up to reach at Namche Bazaar with grand views of Everest and Amadablam includes other close peaks then reaching at Namche for an overnight stop after a pleasant walk of short ups and downs.
- Day 15: Trek to Lukla - 06 hrs.
Our last day walk of the great adventure, morning starts with long descend towards Sagarmatha National Park entrance at Monjo village and then crossing a long bridge to reach Phakding.
From Phakding towards Lukla as walk leads ups and downhill with the last climb of an hour to reach Lukla for last overnight stop in Khumbu and Everest region.
- Day 16: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
From Lukla an early morning flight to Kathmandu with the panorama of mountains views all the way to Kathmandu, at Kathmandu domestic airport our staff transfers you back into your hotel with the free afternoon to relax after a great and wonderful time on Everest Base Camp Trekking.
- Day 17: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
Today a free day in Kathmandu reserved as extra day in case of flight delay and cancellation in Lukla, due to unfavorable bad weather conditions which can occur sometimes as Himalaya weather can be unpredictable.
If all goes well as per our guideline set itinerary, one can enjoy this day relaxing or with individual extra activities or book for another exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest.
- Day 18: Final International departure from Nepal.
Your last day in Nepal, country of Himalayan wonders and as per your international flight time depart for homeward bound or to next respective connecting destinations.
Our staff and guide transfer you to Kathmandu airport after a mesmerizing memory and great time on Gokyo Lake to Everest Base Camp Trekking.
- All airport pick up drop by private vehicle (for both international and domestic flights)
- Welcome dinner in an authentic restaurant
- 03 nights win sharing deluxe accommodation in Kathmandu and at places as per our standard itineraries on bed and breakfast with transportation airport /hotel/airport. (single supplement at extra cost in rooms)
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu flight with airport departure tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- 02 guest to 01 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- We provide an assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- First aid kit box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Nepal entry visa / personal travel-travel medicine.
- Meals in Kathmandu as per our set itineraries programs.
- Expenses of personal nature, soft / hard drink / bottled water / other services which are not mentioned. Gratitude /Tipping expected at the end of the trip for trekking staff and porters.
- Personal trekking gears including sleeping bags / down jackets (which can be bought and hired in Kathmandu at reasonable cost) and personal medical kit.
- Emergency evacuation if required by any means of transportation including Heli
- Early return from the trip due to a personal / medical problem in this case clients should bear his/ her expenses all the way and in Kathmandu including accompanying guide/ porters meals/transportation expenses.
Most Common FAQs
- 01: When and how can I book for the trek Gokyo Lake to Everest Base Camp?
- After going through our itinerary as well Terms and Conditions you can book the trip as per our E-Mail address, then we will inform you the balance of advance payment required.
- 02: How many persons are in the group on Gokyo Lake to Everest Base Camp?
- Depending upon peak / high seasons for the treks, normally minimum of 2-3 persons in the group with maximum 4-10 pax, on special case and request we manage group of more than 10 to 15 or more people in the group.
- 03: How hard is the trek to Gokyo Lake to Everest Base Camp?
- Well you might know that Nepal is a hilly and mountainous country with lots of ups and down hills to walk with some gradual winding trail, walking at your own normal moderate pace will be all right. Walking is not that hard / tough except coping with the altitude on this trek reaching high above 5,000 m at Gokyo Ri, Tsho-la (Cho-la) Gorakshep-base camp and Kalapathar, slow and steady walks will reach and fulfill your dreams, and we have flexible itinerary with rest day to acclimatize on route higher areas.
- 04: How are the communications on route trekking?
- Not a big problem as most of the lodges and hotels on treks do have ISTD / STD as well satellite and cell phones for long distance calls, cell phone with local SIM do works in most high areas, except when you are in gorge areas in between hills and mountains does not work sometimes. But it won't be a big problem, as communication by cell phone is highly used among trekkers and by locals, just a matter of some days it work on high hills and open wide areas.
- 05: What happens if Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight gets delayed or cancelled?
- This is why we have set the programs with extra day in Kathmandu just in case of flight gets delayed or cancelled in Lukla, due to bad unfavorable weather conditions. If flight from Kathmandu to Lukla might get cancelled with try to organize a chopper depending upon conditions if Heli can fly and land (that's to Lukla and back if condition arises). That is after making discussion with fellow trekking members at extra cost, where company will issue a letter for you to claim from your insurance companies. If bad weather prolong for many days, we will reroute the areas of trekking to other safe destinations, if things gets beyond our control like bad weather and trail conditions.
- 06: Who will accompany on the treks?
- Our expert native guide of the areas of trekking route will lead and guide the groups, and porters or pack animals (Yak / Ghopkyo a cross breed of Yak and normal cow / ox) to carry your bigger bags that you won't be using during days walks.