- Trip Grade:Easy To Moderate
- Max Elevation:3,865 m
- Total Duration:15 Days
- Best Time:March - June, September- December
- Activities:Trekking, Historical & Cultural Excursion
- Trekking Duration:09 Nights & 10 Days
- Trip Start/End :Kathmandu
- Accommodation:Double/Twin shearing in hotel/lodge
- Meals:Full board in Trekking & Breakfast basis in City
- Transportation:Private vehicles /Tourist Bus/Flight
- Group size :2-8 pax
- Per Day Walking:4-6 hrs
Khair Lake and Khopra Ridge Trekking, where most trekkers and adventurer unaware of hidden trails to exotic areas of Annapurna Himalaya, where you have excellent opportunity to walk in this pristine wilderness in the tranquil natural environment for some days away from the main flow of trekkers.
On this wonderful Khair Lake and Khopra Ridge Trekking with the combination of Ghorepani and scenic Poon hill within beautiful forested areas of tall rhododendron, regarded as one of the world’s largest natural garden, where you can witness in the months of March to April when wildflowers with rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom.
Besides daily views of snow-capped peaks of Annapurna-Dhaulagiri with majestic Machhapuchare Himal ‘Fish Tail’ and as far to Lamjung Himal and Manaslu mountains the local culture and traditional life of high hills people Gurung and Poon / Magar is equally interesting on this beautiful walks.
Beginning ‘Khair Lake and Khopra Ridge Trekking’ Trekking taking a drive from Kathmandu to scenic Pokhara where our adventure starts heading into high hills within villages and alpine woodland to Ghorepani and Poon Hill with fabulous sunrise and panorama of mountains.
Our treks then enter into complete wilderness avoiding the main trail heading towards remote farm villages and on the high scenic ridge at Khopra where a day hike reaches you to our highlight at Khair Lake, regarded as the sacred pond, where locals have great religious events in the month of July and August.
After a grand time on hidden ridges and valley of Annapurna, our route leads back to Pokhara taking an alternative trail providing you more views of the high hill country and then ending our mesmerizing adventure of a lifetime experience on Khair Lake and Khopra Ridge Trekking at Pokhara and then drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara 860 m on Nepal Mid West highway – 06 hrs
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul 1,010 m and trek to Tirkhedhunga 1,577 m -04 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani 2,840 m – 05 hrs
Day 06: Morning Hike to Poon Hill 3,210 m and trek to Sauta village 2,205 m – 05 hrs
Day 07: Trek to Chistibung 3, 020 m – 05 hrs
Day 08: Trek to Kopra Ridge 3,865 m -03 hrs
Day 09: At Khopra Ridge for hike to holy Khair lake and back at Khopra
Day 10: Trek to Dobato 3,420 m – 05 hrs
Day 11: Trek to Gandruk village 1,950 m -05 hrs
Day 12: Trek Tolka 1,640 m via Lhandruk 1,440 m – 05 hrs
Day 13: Trek to Dhampus village 1,530 m and drive to Pokhara 860 m – 05 hrs
Day 14: Drive / Fly to Kathmandu – 06 hrs journey (30 mins via air
Day 15: Final International departure from Nepal
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu international airport via respective airlines, where you will be received by our office staff and guide with the warm welcome greeting and then transfer to your hotels in the hub of the city.
After checking into your rooms and getting refreshed join the other groups for the briefing on
Khair Lake & Khopra Ridge Trekking, here our guide provides you with useful important information regarding trek and your stay in Nepal with us.
The evening includes welcome dinner in a nice and authentic Nepalese restaurant with Folk Culture program of Nepal while having your dinner.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Morning, depart from the hotel for the exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest, Kathmandu city and its valley steeped with historical and religious monuments temples and monasteries listed as World Heritage Sites.
After an interesting tour afternoon free to relax and prepare for Khair Lake & Khopra Ridge Trekking next early morning overland drive to Pokhara.
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara 860 m on Nepal mid west highway - 06 hrs.
Morning depart from your hotel for interesting drive towards Nepal Mid West with exciting views past farm villages and towns on Nepal's main highway to reach Pokhara city.
On reaching at Pokhara after six hours of the interesting ride, transfer to hotels by the Phewa lakeside with time to stroll around where most of the hotels-restaurant-stores and shops located.
Pokhara a touristic and scenic spot blessed with natural scenery of mountains-green hills-valley with serene and calm lakes of Phewa and Begnas.
(Flying options to Pokhara of 30 minutes scenic flights)
- Day 04: Drive to Nayapul 1,010 m and trek to Tirkhedhunga 1,577 m -04 hrs.
Moring few hour drives take you further west to reach at Nayapul with the panorama of Annapurna and Manaslu Himalaya during the drive.
On reaching Nayapul first day walk follows Modi River to the lovely village at Bhirethati and then heading North West on gradual uphill for some hours, walking past interesting Gurung people farm villages and terraced fields on the stone paved steps to reach at Tirkhedhunga within beautiful cascading waterfalls for overnight stops.
- Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani 2,840 m - 05 hrs.
Second day of the trek starting with a climb on nice stone steps to reach at Ulleri a large and typical Hill village, inhabited mostly by Gurung tribes with thatched and slated roofs offering views of Machhapuchare Himal with Annapurna South and Huin-Chuli peaks.
From here on gradual winding up trail to reach at Ghorepani as walk leads into magnificent tall rhododendron and pine tree woodland.
After a great pleasant walk reaching at Ghorepani for next morning hike to Poon Hill, Ghorepani home of Poon people of Magar origin tribe, an ethnic hill tribes of Nepal famous as Gorkha soldiers in UK-India and other foreign countries. This village with many good lodges offers marvelous views of Dhaulagiri-Tukuche-Nilgiris and Annapurna Himalayan mountains.
- Day 06: Morning Hike to Poon Hill 3,210 m and trek to Sauta village 2,205 m - 05 hrs.
Early morning before breakfast, hike up for an hour on top scenic Poon Hill at above 3,210 m, for striking sunrise over a panorama of mountains from Dhaulagiri-Tukuche-Nilgiris-Annapurna Fang (Vara Shikar) Annapurna range of peaks with majestic Machhapuchare Himal 'Fish Tail' the unclimbed and virgin peaks of Himalaya.
View includes Mt. Manaslu with Lamjung extending towards Ganesh Himal due to the eastern horizon, after a marvelous photo session head back to Ghorepani for breakfast and carries on trekking downhill into beautiful woods of rhododendron trees with views of mountains.
Finally walks from Chitre village leaves behind main trekking trail where our route leads you towards complete wilderness on off the beaten tracks with overnight at farm villages of Sauta inhabited by Poon-Magar people with views of Dhaulagiri Himalaya.
- Day 07: Trek to Chistibung 3,020 m -05 hrs.
Starting with a slow gradual morning walk on off beaten trail passing farm fields and scattered villages, trekking north leading through enchanting serene rhododendron and bamboo forest, then a slow climb into woodlands following the route to Khair ridge, walk leads by a small stream then with an uphill through meadow and summer pastures to Chistebung for overnight stop, a small place with few small huts serving as tea-houses.
- Day 08: Trek to Khair or Kopra Ridge 3,865 m - 03 hrs.
Today’s walk for few hours to our final destination at Khair also called Kopra ridge, from this place gaining more altitude leaving behind the tree lines only for alpine bushes and shrubs, around this place chances of seeing some wildlife like Himalayan Thar, the Danphe Pheasant (National Bird of Nepal). Morning after few hours of scenic walk finally reaching at overnight stop at Khair or Kopra ridge, a scenic picturesque spot with awesome scenery of surrounding green landscapes along with stunning views of Mt. Dhaulagiri massive range and Vara Shikar (Annapurna Fang), Annapurna South which towers directly from this wonderful spot.
- Day 09: At Kopra Ridge for optional excursion to holy Khair lake.
A grand wonderful spot for a rest or free day, being here will be an awesome experience for sporty and energetic optional hike to holy lake at Khair Lake located 4,247 m. which is long and strenuous walk, but worth the views, the site of religious festival occasion held annually around the month of August and September. Villagers from the surrounding area assemble here to offer prayers to Lord Shiva and bathe in the icy waters, offers sacrifices of sheep and goats.
- Day 10: Trek to Dobato 3,420 m - 05 hrs.
After a great time at Khair ridge top, morning walk leads to a long descend towards east through grazing lands in the middle of rhododendron forest, from Khair a long downhill walk reaching back to tree lines and towards our overnights stop at Dobato a summer pasture a grazing land for the local Sheppard’s with striking views of Annapurna South and Mt.Machhapuchare 6,993 m.
- Day 11: Trek to Gandruk 1,950 m - 05 hrs.
With the grand morning views of the snow capped mountains in total wilderness, our walk continues on the gradual downhill trail into the forest of rhododendron, oak, and magnolia.
After couple hours of good scenic walks joining at main trekking route of Gandruk and Ghorepani trail at Tadapani.
Here, after a refreshing stop, our route descends to Gandruk village for overnight in the comfort of the nice and cozy lodge with views of Annapurna Himal.
Enjoy visiting this large Gurung village of Annapurna region here menfolk of Gandruk village have long traditions supplying one of the finest soldiers in Gorkha Regiment to both British and Indian armies.
- Day 12: Trek Tolka 1,640 m via Ghandruk 1,940 m - 05 hrs.
Morning with glorious views heading downhill through the cool forest to reach a large Gurung village at Ghandruk, with time here to visit its local museum and then carry on walks downhill to Modi River and then up for a while to Landruk village.
From Landruk a pleasant walk on winding trails brings at Tolka for the overnight stop with majestic views of Annapurna South and Huinchuli peaks.
- Day 13: Trek to Dhampus village 1,530 m and drive to Pokhara 860 m - 02 hrs.
Today our end of the trek with 3-4 hours walks to Dhampus village, on this last day trekking starting on the gradual path and with the climb to Deurali with fantastic views of peaks and surrounding landscapes.
After a break heading on the downhill trail to Potana village and then at Dhampus village perched on a ridge top, offering the scenic panorama of Annapurna-Manaslu-Lamjung Himal with tips of Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchare Himal.
From Dhampus a short drive of an hour reaches you back at beautiful Pokhara for last overnight in Nepal Mid West region.
- Day 14: Drive / Fly to Kathmandu - 06 hrs journey (30 mins via air)
From Pokhara, overland drive leads on the same route back to Kathmandu with amazing and wonderful time on Khair Lake & Khopra Ridge Trekking, on reaching Kathmandu transfer to your respective hotels with free afternoon for individual activities.
(Flying options of half hour on air to Kathmandu with the sweeping panorama of mountains)
- Day 15: Final International departure from Nepal.
Your last day in Nepal, country of Himalayan wonders and as per your international flight time depart for homeward bound or to next respective connecting destinations.
Our staff and guide transfer you to Kathmandu airport after a mesmerizing memory and great time on wonderful Khair Lake & Khopra Ridge Trekking.
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- 03 nights twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- 02 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmanud by deluxe tourist bus(if you want both way flight or private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment.
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Pokhara to Starting point and ending point to Pokhara by private vehicle
- Holiday Tours Nepal’s sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Cost and Dates
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Availability||Book|
|2nd September, 2020||16th September, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|5th September, 2020||19th September, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|9th September, 2020||23rd September, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|12th September, 2020||26th September, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|16th September, 2020||30th September, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|19th September, 2020||3rd October, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|23rd September, 2020||7th October, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|26th September, 2020||10th October, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|30th September, 2020||14th October, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|3rd October, 2020||17th October, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|7th October, 2020||21st October, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|10th October, 2020||24th October, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|14th October, 2020||28th October, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|17th October, 2020||31st October, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|21st October, 2020||4th November, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|24th October, 2020||7th November, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|28th October, 2020||11th November, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|31st October, 2020||14th November, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|4th November, 2020||18th November, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|7th November, 2020||21st November, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|11th November, 2020||25th November, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|14th November, 2020||28th November, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|18th November, 2020||2nd December, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|21st November, 2020||5th December, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|25th November, 2020||9th December, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|28th November, 2020||12th December, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|2nd December, 2020||16th December, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|5th December, 2020||19th December, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|9th December, 2020||23rd December, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|12th December, 2020||26th December, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|16th December, 2020||30th December, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|19th December, 2020||2nd January, 2021||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|23rd December, 2020||6th January, 2021||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|26th December, 2020||9th January, 2021||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|30th December, 2020||13th January, 2021||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|2nd January, 2021||16th January, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|6th January, 2021||20th January, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|9th January, 2021||23rd January, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|13th January, 2021||27th January, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|16th January, 2021||30th January, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|20th January, 2021||3rd February, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|23rd January, 2021||6th February, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|27th January, 2021||10th February, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|30th January, 2021||13th February, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|3rd February, 2021||17th February, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|6th February, 2021||20th February, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|10th February, 2021||24th February, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|13th February, 2021||27th February, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|17th February, 2021||2nd March, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|20th February, 2021||5th March, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|24th February, 2021||9th March, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|27th February, 2021||12th March, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|3rd March, 2021||17th March, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|6th March, 2021||20th March, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|10th March, 2021||24th March, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|13th March, 2021||27th March, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|17th March, 2021||31st March, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|20th March, 2021||3rd April, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|24th March, 2021||7th April, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|27th March, 2021||10th April, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|31st March, 2021||14th April, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|3rd April, 2021||17th April, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|7th April, 2021||21st April, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|10th April, 2021||24th April, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|14th April, 2021||28th April, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|17th April, 2021||1st May, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|21st April, 2021||5th May, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|24th April, 2021||8th May, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|28th April, 2021||12th May, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|1st May, 2021||15th May, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|5th May, 2021||19th May, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|8th May, 2021||22nd May, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|12th May, 2021||26th May, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|15th May, 2021||29th May, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|19th May, 2021||2nd June, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|22nd May, 2021||5th June, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|26th May, 2021||9th June, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
|29th May, 2021||12th June, 2020||1099.00||Available||Book Now|
Suggested Equipment list for this trip;
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We provide one complimentary Holiday Tours Nepal duffel bag that is to be returned after the trip)
- Day pack
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandals
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Warm fleece jacket or puffy jacket
- Waterproof Gore-Tex layer
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good quality socks
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of underwear (non cotton preferred)
- Sun glasses
- Water bottle
- 4 season sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it. It is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries