- Trip Code:HTNLVT
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Max Elevation:4984 m
- Total Duration:11 Days
- Best Time:March to May
- Trekking Duration:08 Days
- Activity:Trekking, historical and cultural excrusion
- Trip Start from :Kathmandu
- Trip end at :Kathmandu
- Per Day Walking:05-06 hrs
- Trek Type :Tea House / Lodge
- Transportation:Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus/Flight
- Accomodation:Double/Twin Sharing In Hotel/Lodge
- Group Size:01-12 pax
Discovered by an English mountaineer and explorer, Bill Tillman there 50 years ago from England, It is described with its botanical nature reserve, as one of the most beautiful valleys in the world. Langtang Valley Trekking is the un-touched by cement civilization and establishment where nature is living in its own untamed condition and where we will witness the majestic snowcapped Himalayans and heavenly icy masses of Langtang, Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal and Manaslu. Langtang Valley is compared to Tibetan highlands in term of its untamed nature and wildness incorporated of unpolluted towns and farmlands, a large portion of them are of Tibetan foundation.
Langtang Valley Trek awards the opportunity to witness the Himalayan Summits taking off in the sky from your focal eyes, artistic woodlands, canals and quick mountain streams, and snow-topped crests.
Langtang valley trekking is encompassing trek in the remote yet the most astonishing valley of Langtang district, where you can have an energizing moment at high mountain lakes Goisaikund and the delightful valley ‘Helambu’ and you can likewise stopover the Langtang National park and travel to the end of the valley to view brilliant ice woodwinds of Gyangchempo.
The Langtang river passes through the high, gentle Langtang Valley before emptying in a raging torrent into Bhoteskoshi River through a long, narrow defile at the west end of the valley.The Trisuli, or Bhoteskoshi as it becomes Dhunche, forms an important corridor and ancient trade route through mountains between the Ganesh and Langtang Himal, to caring in Tibet.
Langtang Valley Trek is endorsed through the Langtang National Park, and through wildlife is never easy to spot in a forest setting, there is an opportunity to see endangered vegetation, animal species, and winged species.
Among those found in the park are monkey, musk, deer, pika and the national bird of Nepal, the colorful Danphe. Forests in the region have temperate and sub-alpine vegetation. The best season to visit is amid the spring season when woods and slopes will be secured by blooming rhododendron.
The place is full of diverse social and cultural effects of Buddhist Tibetan origins like Tamangs, Sherpa’s in the Langtang Valley area are affected by the old Tibetan way of life, society along with their own dialect and conventional tradition.
“Ready-Made itinerary presented in website can be operated for individuals, couples and small groups on a private tailor-made basis, starting on a date of your choice. Itinerary is on the basis of tea-house trekking but it can be operated as Camp Trek. Please contact Trekking Planner to discuss about your tour plan.”
- Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu
Today on arrival at the international airport, you will be picked up by our airport representative and transfer to the hotel. After refreshment in the hotel, your tour guide will come to pick you at the hotel and take you to the half day sightseeing tours to Kathmandu Durbar Square. Later on this evening we will take you to the cultural restaurant for dinner. Stay overnight at the hotel
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
Today you have the full day guided sightseeing tours to the Buddhist and Hindu sights in Kathmandu, probably to Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swyambhunath; combination Hinduism and Buddhism knew as monkey temple as there are many holy monkeys living in the north-west part of the temple. Pashupatinath a sacred Hindu temple situated on the bank of the Bagmati River.
Then drive to Buddhanath stupa one of the biggest and oldest stupas in the world. Later in the afternoon, there will be a pre-trip meeting with your trekking guide in the hotel. Our office representative will brief you regarding our trek as well as provides you an opportunity to ask any question of an upcoming trip with the guide. And stay overnight in Kathmandu.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubensi (1460m) about 7 hrs drive
Today an early morning you will be picked up from your hotel and transfer to the bus station for day countryside drive to trek starting point, Syabrubensi via Trishuli Bazaar. Pack lunch on the way. Stay overnight at the hotel.
- Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2340m) 5-6 hrs walk
The trek from Syabrubesi is quite pleasant with few up climbs for a while but the rest of the walk is gradual on the winding trail through the terraced farm fields and villages, as the trail ascends and joins the path coming from upper Syabru at the Riverside Lodge near the place of Bamboo, an ideal spot for camping with ample time to go for a refreshing splash in the nearby river of upper Trisuli River. Trek continues up hill all the way to Lama Hotel. Stay overnight at the tea house.
- Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village (3330m) 5-6 hrs walk
After breakfast here after 2-3 hours walk you get to the wonderful spot at call Ghore-Tabela for our short stop for lunch. Ghoretabla is in the midst of the forest of pines, hemlocks, and rhododendron from here onwards you can feel the altitude also.
After a pleasant short stay here, the Trek continues to Langtang and its beautiful Valley, we walk through the cool shade of the alpine wood for an hour, after a small stream leaving the tree line behind. The path leads slow uphill for an hour, then the walks get better on the gradual winding trail with few ups and down till the village of Langtang. You will reach at Langtang in the afternoon, hereafter refreshment you will have time to visit the villages. Stay overnight at the tea house.
- Day 06: Trek to Kyangjing Gompa (3730m) 3-4 hrs walk
Today after the wonderful time in Langtang Village, the trail starts slowly uphill with nice scenery of the Langtang Himal, Langeshisa Re, and many more mountains. Today you walking through the open path, it means you will have the chance to viewing all around. You will get them by lunchtime. After lunch, you will have time to visit Cheese Factory and Gompa.
- Day 07: Full day in Kyangjing Gompa
Today after an early morning breakfast your guide will take you to the short walk around Kyangjing, If you are able you could trek to Cherko Ri (4984m) from where you can see the magnificent view of the mountain all around or you can trek to Kyangjing Re, which is also very nice for day hike. Stay overnight at the tea house.
- Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel (2340m) 4-5 walk
After wonderful time here and all around, we re-trace back to small settlement call lama hotel. Stay overnight at the tea house.
- Day 09: Trek to Syabrubensi (1460m) 4-5 hrs walk
After breakfast re-trace back to Syabrubesi through the same route. Stay overnight at the hotel.
- Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu
After breakfast, your guide will take you to the bus station for day countryside drive back to Kathmandu. Stay overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu
- Day 11: Final departure
Today you will transfer to the international airport for final departure by our airport representative.
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03-night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with all necessary entrance fee and privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Syabrubensi to Kathmandu by local bus(if you want both ways private vehicle also available at additional cost)
- Langtang National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation, and equipment all paid
- Twin/double sharing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- Safe drinking water and first aid kit box
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International airfare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay the departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in the city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of an itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottled water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes the column
US $ 830.00 per person
Single Supplement US $130.00
Difficulties rating of Langtang Valley Trekking
A trekker should be fit to do this trekking. Maximum altitude of the trek is 4984 m, so you should be careful about altitude risk. To get rid of it please walks slowly and has more water and avoids alcoholic drinks. You must take care of your health.
Safe drinking water on Langtang Valley Trekking
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case, we suggest you drink boiled water which may charge the small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of the environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on Langtang Valley Trek
Hydroelectricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge the small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal, 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use a dustbin and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Langtang Valley Trek
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Langtang Valley Trek:
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in a bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water gets froze then ask your guide to get the warm bowl of water.
Toilets are mainly Asian squat style. Basically, a toilet is outside your room and varies in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use the rubbish bin that is kept in the toilet.
On this trekking route, local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking planner is the government licensed trekking company in Nepal as we can see a photo of legal documents in about us section. Under following terms and condition, we accept your booking:
We required non-fundable deposit Of 15% down payment in advance is mandatory to book a flight ticket, hotel booking, and TIMS as well as permit process. Booking must be done 5 days earlier and amount can be either bank transfer or Western Union, money gram as well as through credit cards and the rest amount must be paid upon your arrival to Nepal.
Equipments for Langtang Valley Trekking
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweater.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torchlight.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Most Common FAQs
- Can you provide me more information about the teahouses on Langtang Valley Trek?
- According to the location, the tea houses vary in their quality and style on this trek. Basically, they have the communal room downstairs with one or two-bed bedroom above them. You have to use share toilet but nowadays in low levels, the attached toilet is found and some have hot shower facilities but some will have standpipes. Tea houses use a type of burning stove in the main communal area and another room is unheated. Tea houses do not have money exchange facilities. Trekking Planner recommends you to exchange cash in Kathmandu valley. At the lower altitudes, there are electricity facilities whereas as we go higher tea houses become more basic. As cooler temperature drain battery life, ensure your batteries last a little longer by putting it inside pocket of your coat or under your pillow.
- Do a guides or porter carry oxygen tanks on Langtang Valley Trekking?
- No, as there is enough time to acclimatize while trekking it felt there is no need for them. If someone feels the affects of altitude then there are facilities along the trek at various point and its easy to get.
- How many guides and porters will be there in our group?
- A group will have a group leader or a guide who will lead you on the trek. Porters will be there to carry your baggage packs and all the camping gear. One porter will carry two trekker’s baggages. A number of supporting staff will depend upon your group size.
- At one time how many liter of water I have to carry in Langtang Valley Trek?
- Mostly 3-4 liters is sufficient. You will be able to refill bottles at lunch time. When you are in high altitude you have to drink more water to get rid of altitude diseases.
- Is it necessary to carry Trekking poles?
- Yes, Trekking Poles make you easy to walk in the rough ways. Trekking poles makes your body and leg to move more safely. So, we suggest you to use it.
- Is bottled water available everywhere in Langtang Valley Trek?
- Mainly tea houses on the way have stores which sell bottled water and other supplies that may be needed for you on the trek. There are no any plastic recyclable facilities in Nepal, we encourage you to bring chlorine tablets and use filter water in the teahouses.
- Should I have to bring iodine tablets for purifying the water?
- You have to bring iodine tablet with you. Chlorine tablets are widely available. The most effective and commonly used version of chlorine is chlorine dioxide, which is tasteless and odorless. Tablets can be bought cheaply and usually 1 tablet is sufficient to purify 1 liter of water. Neutralizing tablets can also be bought to get rid of the smell and taste of chlorine or iodine. This will need to be done for water obtained using hand pumps or streams in the Trek.
- What are the effects of going so high?
- Altitude produces physical changes in the body. Higher you go, more pronounced those changes. If after gaining a lot of elevation in a hurry, you experience dizziness, nausea, headaches, and dehydration, you are probably suffering from altitude sickness. In rare cases this may worsen, so a close watch is kept on all trekkers by the Group Leader who is trained to recognize Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). If trekkers show any signs of AMS they will be evacuated to a lower, safe altitude immediately. To minimize effects of altitude you ascend slowly which allows safe acclimatization.
- What if I get ill while on Langtang Valley Trek?
- It depends on the nature of your illness. If you suddenly feel dizzy or weak, you have to sit or lie down. If you still feel sick, keep a warm and quiet until you can get medical help. You will carry down if no progress we advise travelers to take a personal kit too. In serious cases, you need helicopter rescue. Our guide will suggest you to use it if its very serious. So, helicopter rescue insurance is necessary for every trekker before you come to trek in this trek.
- Would you recommend taking a Down Jacket?
- The weather is changeable in the Himalaya so you can expect to experience four seasons in one day. Make sure you have plenty of warm layers which you can shed or add as required. While even in winter it can be as warm as 19C during the day, the higher the altitude, the colder the temperature and when high up the temperature drops significantly at night to around -10C in October/November, and to around -20C from December to February.
- Is alcohol permitted on Langtang Valley Trekking?
- Alcohol is consumed in Nepal. You can buy it in tea houses in the trek. Local alcohol is also available. However we suggest you not to drink alcohol at high altitude.