- Trip Grade:Moderate-adventurous
- Max Elevation:5,416 m
- Total Duration:21 Days
- Best Time:March - June, Sept - Nove
- Activities:Trekking, Historical & Cultural Excursion
- Trekking Duration:15 Days
- Trip Start from :Kathmandu
- Trip End at :Kathmandu
- Accommodation:Double/Twin shearing in hotel/lodge
- Meals:Full board in Trekking & Breakfast basis in City
- Transportation:Private vehicles /Tourist Bus/Flight
- Group size :2-8 pax
- Per Day Walking:4-6 hrs
Nar Phu Kang La Pass Trekking, a destination beyond your imagination where this adventure takes you in the hidden country, away from the main flow of trekkers into hidden pockets of Manang valley and massive Annapurna Himalaya.
Certainly, an adventure of the life experience in the pure wilderness of mountains, rugged rocky hills and verdant valley within time lost villages around Nar and Phu exploring its ancient culture intact with Buddhism religion with old heritage lifestyle.
Nar Phu Kang La Pass Trek, which was closed for visitors past early years and then open its doors just a few decades ago, where you can trek and observe and visit its traditional villages and monasteries of great interest in the shade of Annapurna and Damodar Himal peaks.
Starting from Kathmandu with an interesting overland drive which leads around Nepal North Mid West Himalaya, walking from low warm paddy fields and terraces heading higher towards alpine cooler zone covered within lovely coniferous woods with daily views of peaks.
As adventure leads on popular and scenic Annapurna Circuit trail for sometimes and then heading towards off the beaten tracks into hidden areas at Nar-Phu villages, with grand time visiting its time withered villages and landscapes.
After Nar-Phu crossing high scenic Kang-la pass to enter Manang valley and its main village at Manang on main trekking trails of Annapurna circuit and then crossing the highest pass of the adventure over Thorang-la at 5,416 m high.
Slowly walk comes to an end after Thorang-la heading towards holy Muktinath Temple areas within Mustang region and then walking around Kaligandaki River to Jomsom town for the panoramic short flight to picturesque Pokhara, a famous touristic place in whole Himalaya region facing Annapurna Himalaya that reflects on its calm Phewa and Begnas Lakes.
Completing our incredible journey Nar Phu Kang La Pass Trekking with an exciting drive back to Kathmandu with fond memories and wonderful time beyond Annapurna Himalaya and Manang valley.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu international airport via respective airlines, where you will be received by our office staff and guide with warm welcome greeting and then transfer to your hotels in the hub of the city.
After checking into your rooms and getting refreshed join the other groups for briefing on
Nar-Phu & Kang-La Pass Trekking.
Our guide provides with useful important information regarding trek and your stay in Nepal with us.
The evening includes welcome dinner in a nice and authentic Nepalese restaurant with Folk Culture program of Nepal while having your dinner.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Morning, depart from the hotel for exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest, Kathmandu city and its valley steeped with historical and religious monuments temples and monasteries listed as World Heritage Sites.
After an interesting tour afternoon free to relax and preparation for Nar-Phu & Kang-La trekking next early morning overland drive to Nepal Mid West.
- Day 03: Drive to Syange 1,460 m on Nepal Western highway - 07 hrs.
Morning an interesting and scenic long driving journey on Nepal midwest highway, journey leads to Beshishar town then on the dirt road to Khudi, Bhulbhule, and Ngadi following the Marsyangdi River upstream, the drive continues through rice terraces fields and villages to Syange for an overnight stop.
- Day 04: Trek to Dharapani 1,920 m - 06 hours.
Our first-day walk starts with an uphill climb on leaving Marsyangdi River behind to reach Jagat village, a farm village with many lodges for trekkers.
From Jagat village walk continues on the winding path to Chamje, and back at Marsyangdi River to cross eastern bank into the forested area, with views of Annapurna and Manaslu mountain ranges, as our walk advances on a wide path to Tal Besi.
Here for refreshment or lunch break, and then few hours walk leads to Dharapani village for an overnight stop, Dharapani a nice village situated on the junction of Annapurna circuit and Manaslu trekking trail.
- Day 05: Trek to Koto 2,640 m -05 hrs.
With the pleasant overnight stop in Dharapani morning walk into rhododendron and pine forest passing villages of Bagarchap and Danque, then at Timang village with more Buddhist cultured village including views of Mt. Manaslu 8,163m / 26,781ft.
From Timang village few hours trek leads to Koto close to Chame town.
After a refreshing stop at Timang our walk leads on the pleasant path to reach Koto village, where our route diverts to Nar-Phu away from main Annapurna circuit trail.
Koto village for overnight close to Chame a large town and headquarter town of Manang district.
- Day 06: Trek to Dharmashala 3,230m - 05 hours.
After Koto our route heads north away from Annapurna circuit trail for a week heading towards Nar & Phu villages, in the hidden areas of Upper Manang valley near South West Tibet border in the country of blue sheep and snow leopards.
Trek leads into the narrow valley with the forest of pines and rhododendron trees, then reaching nice pasture fields with huts and sheds of Yak herders and in the gorge formed by Pisang Peak and Kang-guru Himal lower basin, the walk continues following Nar-Phu River upstream to reach at Dharmashala for the overnight stop.
- Day 07: Trek to Kyang 4,100 m - 6 hrs.
Morning walk leads towards far north towards Phu village isolated area of dry, arid landscapes, on the lookout for some wildlife’s Blue Sheep’s, Snow Leopard, Musk deer’s and mountain goats.
Walk continues to Kyang for overnight stop after an interesting day, Kyang with dozen houses of Tibetan culture.
- Day 08: Trek to Phu village 4,080 m - 06 hours.
Today destination to Phu village morning walk towards Phu River following upstream for some time and then descending back to river again, then climb to reach a gorge valley, walking around gorge for some time and up into a wide glacial valley with pasture lands ending at Phu village of strong Tibetan influence culture, traditions and religion.
- Day 09: Rest Day at Phu village visit around Phu village and the valley
A necessary rest day at Phu for acclimatization, explore this impressive village visit Tashilkhang and Samdu Choling Monastery and Kyauchyu waterfalls, Phu Village with about 30 houses for 100 to 150 inhabitants.
- Day 10: Trek to Nar Phedi 3,545 m - 06 hrs.
From Phu village walk leads back on the same trail for few hours descending to a narrow gorge at Phu khola, from here a slow climb to reach at Yughat small village with mani, chortens and Buddhist shrines, then finally reaching on a flat field at Nar Phedi for overnight stop.
- Day 11: Trek to Nar-Gaon 4,206 m - 06 hrs.
Morning walk leads back to Phu Khola for few hours to reach a suspension bridge over Phu Khola, crossing the bridge with the steep climb for few hours reaching a flat area then walk to Nar village for overnight.
Nargaon in comparison with Phu looks similar but smaller due to its remoteness with high altitude and dry land.
- Day 12: Trek to Kang-La Base Camp 4,530 m - 05 hrs.
After Nar-Gaon walk heads to remote wilderness, away from human settlement for few days, an interesting walk for few hours then with short ups and downs in some rocky and arid path, passing cattle herders shelters and grazing field heading further west following Temdenzon khola (stream) around this wild areas with views of peaks and finally reaching at Kang la pass Phedi or a base for overnight stop with camping at 4,530 meters altitude.
- Day 13: Cross Kangla Pass 5,322m and trek to Ngawal 3,650 m - 07 hrs.
Starting early morning to cross Kang-la at an altitude of 5,322 meters, walk climbs higher on a steep slope for few hours with stunning views of Pisang Peak with Chulu Far East Peak, and then reaching the top of the pass with wonderful views of Annapurna massif mountain range, Chulu Peaks, Lamjung Himal and adjoining peaks of Annapurna range, and then walk downhill to Ngawal via Julu village close to Manang village to reach at main route on Annapurna circuit trail.
- Day 14: Trek to Manang 3,540 m - 05 hrs.
Morning walk leads you towards Manang main village, after an overnight at Ngawal where our route this morning joins Annapurna Circuit trail after being away for main flow of trekkers for some days.
On route main Manang village with the short stop at Braga, villages visit its old interesting monastery with fabulous views of mountains.
The houses built with traditional Tibetan style, Manang people are known for their rich culture and traditions.
- Day 15: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,110 m - 04 hours.
After a good rest and time at Manang, morning walk towards North West with the slow uphill to reach Yak Kharka, an interesting high altitude trekking with super views of snowcapped mountains, then crossing a small stream river to reach Yak Kharka, a small settlement with awesome views of Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Chulu Peaks.
- Day 16: Trek to Thorang High Camp 4,600 m - 04 hrs.
As walk advances to higher area, getting closer at the base of Thorang-la walk leads to cross a bridge and then a climb along the river bank of Jarjung, as the walk leads at Thorang Phedi, here depending upon the physical conditions of the clients, if all goes well an hour steep climb to Thorang High Camp for overnight stop.
- Day 17: Cross Thorang-La 5,416 m and to Muktinath 3,800 m - 07 hrs.
One of the tough day, of the adventure after early breakfast walk towards long steep climb to reach on top Thorang-la at 5,416 m.
Marked with Buddhist color prayer flags and the signboard with the name and altitude of Thorang-La Pass, with views of dramatic landscapes and high snowcapped peaks, from here a long descend takes you at Muktinath at 3,800 m.
At holy Muktinath areas for the overnight stop, regarded as the most sacred spot for both Hindus and Buddhists, the name Muktinath literally means ‘place for Nirvana or Liberation’.
- Day 18: Trek to Jomsom 2, 715 m - 04 hours.
From Muktinath, rest of the journey is easy on gradual downhill with big drop of 1,200m to reach at Kaligandaki river valley, walk on vast Kaligandaki river valley to reach at Jomsom, headquarter town of Mustang region with a small airstrip above Kaligandaki River.
After checking in nice rooms of the lodge and with refreshing lunch with time in the afternoon visiting Jomsom town and its markets with nice houses, paved streets and numerous well kept lodges and hotels.
Here celebrate with local apple products cider, brandy and juice Jomsom and Marpha area around Kagbeni famous for delicious apple and its product.
- Day 19: Fly to Pokhara 860 m and transfer to hotel near Phewa Lake.
Morning short walk to Jomsom airport then board on a small aircraft for the scenic flight to beautiful Pokhara during airborne, super views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalayan peaks, as plane land at Pokhara, one of Nepal leading touristic destinations and in all Himalaya.
Pokhara a picturesque city in the shade of Annapurna Himalaya with magnificent towering Machhapuchare Himal 'Fish Tail' due to its twin summit shaped.
From the airport a short drive to reach hotels by serene Phewa Lakeside, with time to explore beautiful Pokhara.
Pokhara a renowned and topmost touristic destination blessed with natural beauty and picturesque scenery of mountains-hills and lakes.
- Day 20: Drive / Fly to Kathmandu - 06 hrs journey (30 mins via air)
From Pokhara, overland drive leads on the same route back to Kathmandu with amazing and wonderful time on Nar-Phu & Kang-La Pass Trekking.
On reaching Kathmandu transfer to your respective hotels with the free afternoon for individual activities.
(Flying options half hour on air to Kathmandu with the sweeping panorama of mountains)
- Day 21: Final International departure from Nepal.
Your last day in Nepal, country of Himalayan wonders and as per your international flight time depart for homeward bound or to next respective connecting destinations.
Our staff and guide transfer you to Kathmandu airport after a mesmerizing memory and great time on Nar-Phu & Kang-La Pass Trekking.
- All airports pick up drop by private vehicle.
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03 night Twin/Double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- 01 night Twin/Double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with all necessary entrance fee and privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Khudi (if you want private vehicle from Kathmandu also available on additional cost) and Pokhara to Kathmandu by bus (if you want flight or private vehicle from Pokhara also available on additional cost)
- Annapura Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card) and special permit for Nar Phu valley
- 01 English speaking, license holder and an expert trekking guide: insured, salary, food and accommodation all paid
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Jomsom to Pokhara by flight with airport departure tax
- Holiday Tours Nepal’s sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Equipments for this trip
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.