- Trip Code:TMTHTN
- Trip Grade:Moderate-adventurous
- Max Elevation:5,106 m
- Total Duration:24 days
- Best Time:March-June & September-November
- Activities:Trekking, Historical & Cultural Excursion
- Trekking Duration:21 day
- Trip Start from :Kathmandu
- Trip end at :Kathmandu
- Accommodation: :Double/Twin shearing in hotel/lodge
- Transportation:Private Vehicle/Public vehicle
- Group Size:02-08
A great scenic and cultural journey around Nepal remote and high Mid-West Himalaya, where walk leads you on Tsum Valley Manaslu Trekking, a perfect combination adding best of high Gorkha region, located close to Tibet frontier.
Tsum Valley Manaslu Trekking , one of the best treks in Himalaya region exploring isolated and pristine surrounding with undisturbed villages by outside world, as few visitors seldom venture around these beautiful and scenic areas, due to its remoteness and windswept wilderness well hidden behind massif peaks of Ganesh Himal and Manaslu mountains range.
On this Tsum Valley Manaslu Trekking , where you will be walking into serene natural environment within harmony of local Tsum and Manaslu villages with immense culture of ancient Buddhist religion and heritage. The people of Tsum and high Manaslu valley strongly influenced by Tibetan way of traditional life as it existed since past hundreds of centuries which make this trek on Tsum Valley Manaslu Trek more interesting and impressive with daily stunning views of high snowcapped mountains.
Starting first after a drive from Kathmandu to low warm areas of Gorkha district where walk follows raging Buri-Gandaki River upstream for sometimes past number of scattered farm villages and tended terraces to reach Tsum Valley and higher up to Mu Gompa.
Tsum also known as the valley of Happiness in old Tibetan Beyul Kyimolung language, certainly a picturesque country well worth a visit for once in your lifetime experience, from here our next adventure leads towards high Manaslu valley with great enjoyable walks and overnights stops around nice villages of Lo-and Sama Gaon.
Around Manaslu area with time to explore the local culture of great fascination before heading to a high Larke-La pass at above 5,106 m high offers incredible panorama of high peaks of Manaslu, Ganesh, Lamjung as far towards Annapurna peaks.
Slowly walk leads to the end of the adventure after visiting interesting villages of Manang areas and back into green woodland as our wonderful and magnificent Tsum Valley Manaslu Trekking completes with an exciting overland drive back into hustle and bustle life of Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu international airport via respective airlines, where you will be received by our office staff and guide with warm welcome greeting and then transfer to your hotels in the hub of the city.
After checking into your rooms and getting refreshed join the other groups of Tsum Valley and Manaslu Adventures at meeting hall for briefing, where our guide offers useful information regarding trek and your stay in Nepal with us.
Evening includes welcome dinner in a nice and authentic Nepalese restaurant with Folk Culture program of Nepal while having your dinner.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Morning depart for tour around Kathmandu at places of interest, as Kathmandu valley is steeped with historical and religious monuments temples and monasteries full of World Heritage Sites.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Pashupatinath Temple
- Bouddhanath Stupa
- Swyambhunath stupa
After an interesting tour afternoon free to relax and preparation for Tsum Valley and Manaslu Adventure next early morning overland drive to Gorkha area.
- Day 03: Drive to Soti Khola 730 m via Arughat 570 m -06 hrs journey.
Morning transfer for exciting overland drive towards Mid-West on Nepal's busy and main highway as the journey leads to lower warmer mid hills past farm villages and towns with views of snowcapped peaks.
As the drive continues with few refreshing stops heading west to reach at Dhading and towards Gorkha areas to reach at warm sub-tropical in Arughat by the raging Burigandaki River, and then drive continues on dirt road past farm villages and terraced fields to reach at Soti Khola, for overnight stop with time to relax and stroll around this small farm village.
- Day 04: Trek to Machha Khola 930 m / 3,051 ft - 06 hrs.
Frist day walks begins from Soti-khola, where trail cuts into steep valley, within densely forested areas and through number of small villages tucked in a hillside, then reaching a wide valley opposite at the point where large tributary stream enters into Burhigandaki River. The terraced cultivated field belongs to upper village of Lapbesi. From here our path descends to a wide, sandy riverbed following a trail meandering below the steep, craggy valley side.
At some length leading to a climb on the trail to Machha Khola for overnight stop, with number of teashops and small lodge, the word Maccha Khola means Fish Stream.
- Day 05: Trek to Jagat 1,410m via Dovan Zand Tatopani (Hot Spring) - 06 hrs.
The trail from this small village leads into interesting farm villages and fields as the vegetation changes slowly, starting morning walk crossing a stream that names Machha Khola (Fish stream), and then heading upstream towards Khola-Bensi village and at Tatopani 'hot spring'.
An opportunity for hot bathe as time allows, after a nice break walk carries on passing Dovan and Yaruphant villages to reach at Jagat for overnight stops, Jagat a moderate size farm villages with shops and stores.
- Day 06: Trek to Lakuwa 2,200m - 05 hrs.
From Jagat, morning walk leads to higher areas passing scattered farm villages with short climb and downhill to cross over a bridge to reach at Nagjet and Philim, a large village with spread-out farm houses.
After Philim walk through farm terraces of golden fields of wheat’s and barley, then a climb on rocky ridge top into bamboo forest area to our overnight stop at Lakuwa on leaving the main trail of Manaslu route.
- Day 07: Trek to Chumling 2,386 m - 06 hrs.
After Lokpa village, walk heads to our first highlights of the adventure at Tsum known as the valley of happiness, as our route enters narrow gorge then with short descend and uphill climb into rhododendron and pine tree forest walking past small farm villages then climbing above Lungwa Khola to reach at Chumling village for first night stop around Tsum Valley.
- Day 08: Trek to Chhokangparo 3,010 m - 06 hrs.
From here gaining altitude slowly within the massive peaks of Ganesh Himal peaks towards east and Manaslu in the western direction, as the walk proceeds where villages and landscapes changes similar to Tibetan windswept plateau.
Morning walks leads on downhill path to cross a bridge over Smatiking Khola, with views of Ganesh Himal also known as Yangra at 7,422 m high, and then reaching at Chokhanparo village for overnight stop.
- Day 09: Trek to Nele 3,361m after a visiting Milarepa cave - 07 hours.
After a pleasant overnight stop at Chokanparo, our route leads towards upper Tsum area at Nele (Ne-lay), starting with uphill onto wide open valley around windswept terrain with only few small trees of juniper and willow that survives around this rough and arid country.
Walk continues uphill with views of Ganesh and Manaslu Himal, after a wonderful and scenic walk reaching at Nele for overnight stop, on route Nele with time to visit an old holy mediation cave of 11th Centaury Saint Milarepa, famous and popular among Buddhist as poet, singer, tantric guru his folk-tales and songs are still remembered by Tibetans and Buddhist followers.
- Day 10: Trek to Mu Gompa 3,700 m - 04 hours.
Today walk leads to main highlight and the highest point of the adventure at Mu Gompa, as walk continues climbing high within arid terrain offering views of high peaks on the way to Mu Gompa for overnight stop.
- Day 11: Rest day at Mu Gompa visit local village and monastery.
At Mu Gompa free and rest day to explore the unexplored areas around high valley of Tsum with its traditional villages and interesting old Mu Gompa with ancient antique idols and scrolls, statue and relics this is one of the most important monastery of Tsum and Manaslu area.
The village of upper Tsum located on route Tibet border, which is least frequented by foreign trekkers and adventurer, here enjoy the scenery and culture in complete natural surroundings.
- Day 12: Trek to Rachen Gompa 3,240 m - 05 hours.
After marvelous time at Mu Gompa, return journey leads to another impressive monastery at Rachen Gompa, walk on nice trails with some short climbs and downs passing few small scattered farm villages of cattle herders to reach at Rachen Gompa for overnight stop, afternoon visit Rachen monastery which treasures historical and religious artifacts and important statues of famous Gurus with idol of Sakaymuni Buddha.
- Day 13: Trek back to Chumling 2,386 m - 06 hours.
Today our last day around Tsum valley, as the morning walk leads to a long descend to Chumling village passing farm areas and then back into tree lines, after a long downhill walk of 6 hours reaching at Chumling village for last overnight stop around Tsum.
- Day 14: Trek to Lakuwa 2,200m - 06 hrs.
After completing our first phase of the journey, from here on leaving behind beautiful Tsum areas heading towards high Manaslu valley where walk first leads back at Lakuwa before joining the trail of Manaslu route.
- Day 15: Trek to Ghap 2,160 m - 05 hrs
After a pleasant stop at Lakuwa morning walk lead with slow rise in elevation, as walk enters within Himalayan high areas, with some short downhill to river side to reach Bihi Bazaar a small village by the river.
From here on where you will soak into more Tibetan culture of Buddhist religion, as our walk continues on gradual path with few short ups and downs to reach at Ghap village for overnight stop.
- Day 16: Trek to Lo-Gaon 3,180 m - 06 hrs.
From Ghap village walking along Budhi Gandaki River, after a short walk cross the river towards small farm villages at Numrung village with closest views of
Mt. Manaslu North Face includes its range of peaks.
Our journey continues past villages of Banjham, Lhi and Sho, as altitude gains to reach with an hour up to Lo-Gaon for overnight stop.
- Day 17: Trek to Sama-Gaon 3,530 m - 05 hrs.
Today’s walk leads to main large village of upper Manaslu at Sama-Gaon where tree lines disappears for short juniper bushes with some willow trees, morning walk follows a nice trail with views of Manaslu peaks, as walk proceeds to end the day at Sama-Gaon for overnight stop, one of the largest villages of upper Gorkha district which lies route Manaslu base camp.
Here with time to explore around village of great interest adorned with Tibetan Buddhist religion and culture, a short walk up to Sama Gompa above the village one of the major Nyligpa (red hat sect) Monastery of the region.
- Day 18: Trek to Samdo 3,860 m - 05 hrs
Today walk leads to remote and last village of Manaslu area of Upper Gorkha region, where Samdo lies close on route to Tibet border, the native of the area have long history trading with Tibet, the trade continues till present.
As walk leads with slow up with fabulous views of peaks and then reaching at Samdo village, a moderate size village with shops and stores selling many Chinese goods.
- Day 19: Trek to Dharamsala / Larke Phedi 4,470 m - 04 hrs
From Samdu enjoy half day walk to Larke Phedi means bottom of the hill or pass also called Dharmasala, after overnight at Samdo village, morning walk heading into dry and barren country.
As altitude gains walking on trail that leads to few short ups and downs then completing the day walk on reaching at Larke Phedi, with afternoon free at leisure and preparation for the next day early climb over highest point of the adventure Larke-La at 5,106 m high
- Day 20: Cross Larke-la 5,135m and descen to Bimthang 3,720 m - 08 hrs.
One of the longest and big days of the adventure, start with early breakfast and then heading to a slow climb to reach on top Larke-la pass, as walk progress encountering a steep path rewarded with fabulous views of Mt. Manaslu, Larke peak, Bouddha Himal, Himal-Chuli and Peak 29.
After a strenuous climb on reaching the pass, the top marked with Buddhist prayer flags and cairns of stones, enjoy the super views of great giant peaks, after a refreshing break, a long descend to reach at Bimthang for overnight stop.
Bimthang located on beautiful green valley surrounded with tall rhododendron and pines trees, enjoy the afternoon with rest after the longest walk of the adventure.
- Day 21: Trek to Gho 2,560 m - 05 hrs
After a tough long walk of previous day, from here on an easy trek with much descend into forested areas all the way to Gho, located in the middle of enchanting forest.
- Day 22: Trek to Dharapani 1,860 m - 06 hrs.
From this small settlement in the middle of the woods at Gho, morning walk leads downhill all the way to reach at Telje village located by the Masrsyangdi River, after a rest at Tilje, continue our last day walk of the adventure with last final climb to reach at Dharapani for overnight stop in a nice lodge.
Dharapani a large village with many fine lodges located in Manang district and on popular Annapurna Circuit trekking trail.
- Day 23: Drive to Kathmandu via Besisar / Lamjung - 07 hrs.
Ending our adventurous and scenic Tsum Valley and Manaslu Adventure at Dharapani, morning drive leads into several farm villages following Marysangdi River downstream reaching low and warmer areas, past Tal, Chamje and another Jagat village, as drive leads continues on good road to large town at Besisar, headquarter of Lamjung district.
From Besisar with time for rest and possible lunch stop, continue drive back to Kathmandu on good road, on reaching Kathmandu check into your hotels with rest of the evening free at leisure with last day in Nepal.
- Day 24: Final International departure from Nepal.
Your last day in amazing Nepal, the land of Himalayan wonders as per your international flight time back home or to respective connecting destinations.
Our staff and guide transfer you to Kathmandu airport after a mesmerizing time on Tsum Valley and Manaslu Adventure
- All airport pick up drop by private vehicle
- 03 nights twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours with private vehicle in Kathmandu
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- Kathmandu to Arughat and Bhulbule to Kathmandu public transport(if you want both way private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit, Manaslu Conservation Area Permit and Special permit for Manaslu and Tsum Valley Area
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- We provide an assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Holiday Tours Nepal’s sleeping bag, down jackets, Ti-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness (AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- One-hour complimentary spa/massage in Kathmandu after trek
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Diner and lunch in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Cost and Dates
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Availability||Book|
|5th September, 2018||30th September, 2018||US$1625||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|11th September, 2018||6th October, 2018||US$1625||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|17th September, 2018||12th October, 2018||US$1625||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|23rd September, 2018||18th October, 2018||US$1625||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|29th September, 2018||24th October, 2018||US$1625||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|2nd October, 2018||27th October, 2018||US$1625||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|5th October, 2018||30th October, 2018||US$1625||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|8th October, 2018||2nd November, 2018||US$1625||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|11th October, 2018||5th November, 2018||US$1625||Guaranteed||Book Now|
Equipments for this trip
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Holiday Tours Nepal’s duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.